Homeschooling is a legal option for parents to educate their children at home rather than attending a private or government school. It is INDEPENDENT of the public school system and its funding. What homeschooling is NOT: Programs such as alternate education programs where parents educate children at home, but with funding and oversight from the public school system, are not homeschooling. They are public school programs which allow parents to educate at home. Charter schools are not homeschooling. They are taxpayer funded. Homeschooling and public education are mutually exclusive. By its very nature, homeschooling implies familial control rather than state control.
Related categories 4
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Homeschool Central Advice for new homeschoolers, columns from the Miserly Mom, Catholic resources, preschool through high school activities, and information on individual states.
- You Can Teach Your Kids at Home Provides learning activities geared toward preschoolers. Includes teaching tips, story stretchers, and a guide to getting started.
- Homeschool.com Resources and information including articles and message boards.
- DonnaYoung.org Print-outs, forms, planners, handwriting practice sheets, grading cards, cursive animations, and resource links.
- Carschooling Ideas and resources for learning while in the car.
- Homeschool World Home of Mary Pride's Practical Homeschooling magazine and homeschooling community. Large number of articles, news, online experts, up-to-date events list, groups listed by state, contests listing, forum, email newsletter, and links area.
- Jon's Homeschool Resource Page A large collection of homeschool resources. Online support groups, regional support groups, FAQs, discussion boards, chat, mailing lists and links.
- Learning Treasures Provides worksheets, unit studies, articles, and a newsletter.
- The Homeschool Oasis Encouragement for those considering it, starting out or burning out. Plan to spend some time exploring this 300-plus page site.
- TheHomeSchoolMom.Com A variety of free resources for home educators, from software to unit studies. Also lists academic contests, homeschooling styles, and curriculum recommendations.
- Learn in Freedom! Resources for unschoolers, homeschoolers, and all learners, with or without school.
- Homeschooling on a Shoestring Frugal ideas for homeschooling, including unit studies, educational software reviews, recipes, and safety tips.
- Home-Schooled.com Alumni Directory Bulletin boards, classifieds, and user pages for this alumni directory which seeks to connect homeschoolers throughout the world.
- HomeHearts Information and helps including philosophy, methods, materials, scheduling, tools, support, and step-by-step guide to getting started.
- Cottage School Search Site Cottageschool.net allows you to find homeschoolers, cottage and classical schools, teacher and tutors close to your home.
- Eclectic Homeschool Online An online homeschool portal with resources and support for creative homeschoolers, including state laws and regulations, curriculum reviews, articles, and a bookstore.
- Parents Educating at Home (PEAH) Discount card for home educators.
- Homeschool Highlights Curriculum reviews and education articles from Dean and Karen Andreola.
- Homeschooling Only One Tips and support for those homeschooling only children.
- Learning By Grace, Inc. Online homeschooling academies including Jubilee, MorningStar, Grace Academy, Victory Math Academy, SAT training, and Radio Grace.
- Homeschool Dads Geared specifically for the fathers who homeschool. Includes homeschooling news, articles, organizations, events, and forums.
- Percipion Resources and articles from seasoned veteran homeschoolers.
- Home School Information Offers the positive and negative views of homeschooling, resources that are available for homeschooling, and links to colleges.
- Homeschool Resource Directory Portal site with support information, getting started, articles, laws, and regional resources.
- Knowledge House Homeschool information, library of educational and devotional articles, reviews, mini unit studies, fun stuff for kids.
- Let's Homeschool Offers articles on homeschooling, statistics, curriculum reviews, and tips for the homeschooling parent.
- The Teacher's Cafe Free homeschool resources, online activities, lessons, assessments in all subjects.
- Lifestyle Homeschool Help for homeschool families to find freedom in living their lives with their kids without conforming to institutionalised ideas of education.
- Homeschool Helper Place for sharing homeschool resources.
- You Can Homeschool Homeschooling experiences from one family and a long time support group leader are shared to help new families homeschool. Resources and ideas help parents learn more about Homeschooling from elementary grades through college.
- College Alternatives Discusses ways of earning college credit and college degrees through independent study and credit-by-exam.
- Homeschooling911 Helping prospective and current homeschoolers find answers to their homeschooling questions.
- Design Your Homeschool A guide created to help the homeschooling family design their own unique plan to suit their goals, approach and needs of each child.
- A-to-Z Home's Cool Home school community website to help educate kids from preschool, kindergarten, up to and through high school with free online education, lesson ideas, educational websites, helpful articles, top programs, books, materials, curriculum, and Homeschool friends.
- Homeschooling Boys Articles, an email list, and advice all boy-specific. From a Christian perspective.
- Secular Homeschooling Resources, curriculum reviews, guidelines, and forums for nonreligious homeschoolers.
Provides unit studies, games, forum, local resources, and a weekly newsletter.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 09:23:52 CET (https://www.thoughtco.com/homeschooling-4132480)
Free educational finds for preschool, K-12, and college.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 09:24:18 CET (http://freelyhomeschool.com/)