This category contains sites dedicated to Semantic Web activity, community, research, events and tools. The Semantic Web is a vision: the idea of having data on the web defined and linked in a way that it can be used by machines - not just for display purposes, but for using it in various applications.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Semantic Arts Provides consulting and modeling for architectural design employing Semantic Technology in the creation of large enterprise ontologies.
- Platypus Wiki Uses RDF, RDF Schema, and OWL to create ontologies and manage metadata.
- W3C Semantic Web Activity Statement The W3C Semantic Web Activity has been established to serve a leadership role, in both the design of specifications and the open, collaborative development of technology for the Semantic Web.
- Annotea Project Live early adoption and demonstration project enhancing the W3C collaboration environment with shared annotations.
- IsaViz Overview A visual authoring tool for RDF.
- Conceptual Graphs and SWeb Comparison of Conceptual Graphs as a logic layer to RDF.
- The Cognitive Web A human-centric web architecture comprised of semantic markup and fuzzy logics.
- Weaving the Web The original design and ultimate destiny of the World Wide Web, by its inventor, Tim Berners-Lee. Features a linked glossary, a time line, errata and an excerpt from Chapter 1.
- The Semantic Web: A Primer Offers an introduction and discusses technologies and developments. By Edd Dumbill, published in O'Reilly XML.com.
- The Semantic Web: 1-2-3 An XML hacker discusses XML, RDF and the Semantic Web. Features links to other resources.
- Semantic Web Roadmap An attempt to give a high-level plan of the architecture by Tim Berners-Lee.
- ICS-FORTH RDFSuite: High-level Scalable Tools for the Semantic Web Tools for managing voluminous RDF description bases.
- Semantic Weblog A weblog about PhD research on Semantic Web services and multiagent systems.
- OpenSHORE.org Semantic Hypertext Object Repository. A repository with a free definable meta model where structured documents can be imported after parsing and transforming into XML.
- Practical Knowledge Representation for the Web Survey and analysis of traditional, new, and arising Web standards and how they can be used to represent machine-processable semantics of Web sources.
- Jeff Heflin's Publications Provide abstracts of downloadable technical papers on various Semantic Web topics like Dynamic Ontologies and Semantic Interoperability.
- Euler Proof Mechanism A backward-chaining reasoner based on RDF and OWL, using resolution inference mechanism and following Euler paths.
- Big Fractal Tangle Daily reflections on the ongoing evolution of the Semantic Web.
- cwm A general purpose data processor written in Python. Core language is RDF, extended to include rules, using RDF/XML or RDF/N3 serializations as required.
- Semantic Patterns Language Explores Universal Semantic Code to help create applications for Semantic WEB.
- TOOL: The Open Opinion Layer Paper exploring the development of a distributed open opinion architecture.
- OntoWare Collaborative project management and development environment for the Semantic Web
- SEKT Project European project on developing Semantically Enabled Knowledge Technologies.
- ILRT Semantic Web Research Group Tools for storage and query of structured data and applications for digital libraries and project management. From the Institute for Learning and Research Technology at the University of Bristol.
- TopQuadrant Company that providing consulting and tools for architectural design and implementation of Semantic Technology Solutions with an emphasis on Ontology Engineering.
- The Future of the Semantic Web Article on the semantic web and its significance for the scientific community by Dr. Albert Benschop (University of Amsterdam).
- Semantic Web The Business Special Interest Group provides a survey of companies, technologies and products likely to support Semantic Web projects.
- GNOSS Connects people and communities by with semantic technology. It enables to share and distribute knowledge.
- Linked Data Tools Offers Semantic Web tools for download, including: Jena .NET, RDF Buddy and Triple Machine.
- Faviki A social bookmarking tool which allows people to tag webpages with Wikipedia terms.
- Semantic Focus A blog and community about the Semantic Web, Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, and related topics.
- STI International Aims to establish Semantics as a core pillar of modern computer engineering.
- Comments on the social graph A blog about digital advertising, cloud computing, social networks, collective intelligence, the semantic web, and the transition between our analogue past and digital future
- eyePlorer.com About a flash application that provides immediate access to facts. It visualizes information and helpsdiscover relations. Furthermore, it allows to collect interesting bits of information.
- Semantic Web Serbia Provides reviews, news, case studies on Semantic Web technology. Presents the history, definitions, categories and applications.
- Concept Search Paper discusses how syntactic (keyword-based) search can be extended to semantic (concept-based) search while preserving efficient retrieval models and data structures of the syntactic search.
- Semantic Web Journal Online Journal on Semantic Web research. Listed in the ACM Digital Library.
- The Semantic Web: It's Whom You Know Discusses the problems with current notions, popularity ranking and collaborative filtering and suggests next steps. By Andy Oram, published in O'Reilly Network.
- The Languages of the Semantic Web Article by Uche Ogbuji discusses the limits of today's Web and the challenge of how agents can infer relationships and act on them. Originally published in the "New Architect" e-zine. Explains the basics of RDF.
The Semantic Web Lifts Off
Article on W3C's Semantic Web activity.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 11:55:58 CET (http://www.ercim.eu/publication/Ercim_News/enw51/berners-lee.html)
Semantic Web In One Day
Experiment in applying and assembling existing Semantic Web technologies in one day.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 11:57:03 CET (http://km.aifb.kit.edu/projects/swsc)
Semantic Web Company
Provides companies, institutions and organizations with professional services related to the Semantic Web. [A-1160 Wien]
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 11:57:07 CET (https://semantic-web.com/)
Foundations of Semantic Web Technologies
Homepage of a Semantic Web textbook, featuring free slide sets of tutorials on semantic technologies.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 11:57:10 CET (http://semantic-web-book.org/page/Foundations_of_Semantic_Web_Technologies)
News and analysis related to the Semantic Web. Focus on the transition from academia to mainstream consumer, business and government use.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 11:57:14 CET (http://dataversity.net/category/data-topics/smart-data-data-topics/)
Prescient Software provides bespoke semantic web software and knowledge management tools to a range of business users.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 11:57:19 CET (http://www.prescientsoftware.co.uk/en/Main_Page)
Semantic Web Science Association
A non-profit organisation incorporated in Karlsruhe, Germany for the purpose of promoting and exchanging scholarly work in Semantic Web and related fields throughout the world.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 11:57:22 CET (http://swsa.semanticweb.org/)
The Semantic Web
Lengthy descriptive Scientific American article by Tim Berners-Lee, James Hendler and Ora Lassila.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 11:57:33 CET (/article/the-semantic-web/)
http://www.gnowsis.com/ A framework for a personal semantic desktop system.
Unlinked due to HTTP 307 detected on 2017-06-16 11:56:27 CET