This category is for library history in the inclusive sense of the history of collections of books and their management. Histories of libraries individually and collectively, the history of library buildings and equipment and the development of the profession of librarianship are all relevant.
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- History of Andrew Carnegie and Carnegie Libraries Biographical material, photographs and details of his benefactions in Pennsylvania.
- The Mysterious Fate of the Great Library of Alexandria Analysis of the varying accounts of the library's destruction by fire.
- The Order of Books Facsimile of Thomas Jefferson's manuscript prescribing the arrangement of his personal library, later to form the nucleus of a Library of Congress classified according to his scheme.
- Survivor: The History of the Library Article from History Magazine reviewing the evolution of libraries.
- South Carolina Library History Project All aspects of librarianship in the state, including histories of public, private and academic institutions, biographies and recollections, and special exhibits.
- Libraries Today History of libraries in Canada and particularly Ontario with annotated photographs, texts and biographies of librarians.
- Jefferson's Legacy: A Brief History of the Library of Congress Official guide to the development of its role as a national library, with descriptions of its buildings, a timeline of acquisitions and a list of Librarians of Congress.
- Archives of lis-libhist Mailing list associated with the Library History Group. Searchable logs and subscription information.
- American Women's History, A Research Guide: Librarianship Bibliography of print and online sources.
- The Infography about Public Libraries -- United States -- History Sources recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the history of U.S. public libraries.
- Infography about Library Instruction -- History Sources recommended by a librarian whose research specialty is the history of library instruction.
- Branch Libraries in the Bronx: A History with Selected Photographs Illustrated history of the New York Public Library branches.
- The Davies Project at Princeton University: Research into the History of University Libraries in the United States and the History of their Collections Database of United States libraries in existence before 1876, searchable by location and type.
- The Library History Buff Historical impressions from an amateur perspective and descriptions of librariana with a special focus on postal artefacts.
- Illinois State Library: 1818-1870 Article from Illinois Libraries details the history of the State Library in the 19th Century.
- Celebrating a Century of Service to Children Illinois Libraries article examines the history of the Children's Services Department at the Champaign Public Library from 1899-1999.
- Celebrating Women's Achievements: Women in Canadian Librarianship and Bibliography Biographical sketches of pioneers in library work and Canadiana.
Intellectual Freedom Within the Profession: A Look Back at Freedom of Expression and the Alternative Library Press
Overview by Toni Samek of early radical library publications focusing on Synergy, Alternatives In Print and Prejudices And Antipathies.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 12:21:06 CET (http://libr.org/juice/issues/vol6/LJ_6.6.html)