Category for sites relating to providing library services to children and young adults.
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Teenlibrarian.com Online community for librarians who work with teenagers in public or school settings. Includes news, resources, message board, chat, and links.
- Young Adult Librarian's Help/Homepage Resource page listing resources for young adult librarians including journals, associations, and literature.
- Connecting Young Adults and Libraries Supplement to the book of the same name. Includes links and resources of interest to those serving youth in libraries.
- Nancy J. Keane's Children's Literature Webpage Booktalks, reading recommendations, book reviews, and general information about children's literature.
- Authors Among Us: Librarians as Children's Writers A database of library professionals who are authors of published, forthcoming, and not-yet-published books for children and young adults.
- The Librarian's Guide to Anime and Manga An overview of the genres, resources for selecting, and special considerations for libraries. Includes a list of recommended titles.
- The Libri Foundation A nationwide non-profit organization which donates new children's books to small, rural public libraries in the United States. Includes fundraising ideas, application and donation information, and a wishlist of books.
- Guidelines for Children's Library Services A global guide designed to help public libraries around the world develop services for children and young adults. Prepared by the Libraries for Children and Young Adults Section of the International Federation of Library Associations.
- Public Library Services for Home Schooling An ERIC Digest article about the different ways that public libraries can serve home schooled students and their home schooling parents.
- Superiorland Preview Center Children's book reviews and collection development guidance for small- and medium-sized public libraries and school media centers serving children and youth from preschool to grade 12. Emphasis is on the geography, wildlife, folklore, industry, recreation, native and immigration populations, and authors of the Great Lakes region of the United States.
- Becoming Digital: Policy Implications for Library Youth Services An examination of issues surrounding the digitization of library services for children and young adults.
- Juvenile Series and Sequels A database of easy reader, children's, and young adult series books. Organized by series, title, subject, and author. A readers' advisory service of the Mid-Continent Public Library.
- Dígame un cuento/Tell Me a Story: Bilingual Library Programs for Children and Families A guide for developing English-Spanish library activities for toddlers through young adults and families. Based on material from the 2001 and 2002 Texas Reading Club Manual.
- Library Latchkey Children Full-text ERIC Digest report about how children spend their after-school hours at the public library.
- Proof of the Power Full-text ERIC Digest about the impact of school library media programs on the academic achievement of U.S. public school students.
- Children's Literature in a Time of National Tragedy A full-text ERIC Digest that examines how literature can be used to explain the events of September 11th to children.
School Librarian Web Pages
Collection of web pages created or maintained by school librarians. Includes information about school libraries for personal and professional use.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 12:28:16 CET (http://www.ebscohost.com/schools)
BayNews Storytime Ideas
Thematic storytime ideas with suggested books, activities, and crafts.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 12:28:20 CET (https://www.bayviews.org/storytime)
Amelia Bloomer Project:
Recommended books that embody feminist principles and the fight for the freedom of self, body, mind, and spirit. Titles have been selected for readers from birth through age 18. Sponsored by the Feminist Task Force of the Social Responsibilities Round Table of the American Library Association. Lists are available in PDF or HTML format.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 12:28:21 CET (http://libr.org/ftf/bloomer.html)
PUBYAC: Public Libraries, Young Adults, and Children
A discussion list about the practical aspects of children's and young adult services in public libraries. Topics are focused on programming ideas, outreach, literacy, censorship and policy issues, collection development, administrative considerations, job openings, and professional development. Requires registration.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 12:28:22 CET (http://www.pubyac.org/index.html)