This category is for online viewable collections of historical maps. This category includes both antique maps and modern maps showing historical boundaries.
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Germany at the End of the 18th Century Maps of different parts of Germany at the end of the 18th century drawn by the author and links to maps of the same period show the political division of Germany
- Historical Atlas of the 20th Century Large collection of color-coded atlas maps showing world population, governments, wars, and other historical trends. Many include brief historical commentaries.
- Mapping History Project Socio- and political maps of 18th and 19th century United States; classical age Mediterranean. Some maps require Shockwave plug-in.
- David Rumsey Collection Thousands of high-resolution digital images of maps from the David Rumsey Collection, one of the largest private collections of historic maps in the US. Focus is 18th and 19th c. North and South America cartographic materials.
- MapForum.com On-line magazine about antique maps with articles about mapmaking, exhibits, and classified ads.
- Antique Maps of the Pacific Ocean Antique maps (pre-1800) for the Pacific Ocean and its islands.
- Trenches on the Web - WWI Map Room World War I Western Front maps, including trench locations for major battles.
- Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection University of Texas-Austin Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection. 200+ links to other map collections; emphasis on 19th century America maps.
- Atlas Coelestis Celestial cartography maps.
- Turkey in Maps On-line exhibitions of antique maps of Turkish Empire and Asia Minor (present day Turkey).
- F.Y.R. Macedonia from Antiquity to Present Day Macedonia from 1477 to 1928. Downloadable.
- John Snow's London, 1859 A historical map with sites of Victorian London during the time of Dr. John Snow (1813-58), the prominent epidemiologist and anesthesiologist.
- History Link 101 Map Page Collection of historical and educational maps of ancient Africa, China, Egypt, Greece, Mesopotamia, Rome, Middle Ages and Prehistoric Man.
- San Jose State University Art of Cartography 20 maps of the New World, India, Africa, and Asia from 16th and 17th century. Includes 2 11th century Arabic maps.
- Roman Maps : Tacitus Maps of areas referred to by Cornelius Tacitus in "The Histories", A.D. 1.
- Periodical Historical Atlas of Europe Maps showing political status of Europe and Mediterranean basin at the end of each century from AD 1 to AD 2000, plus maps of historical battle sites. Site in English and French.
- Images of Early Maps on the Web A list of sites with historical maps.
- Japanese Historical Maps from UC Berkeley Online gallery of 2,300 early maps of Japan and the World. Collection was acquired by the University of California from the Mitsui family in 1949.
- Genmaps Great Britain maps, 16th through 19th century, divided into counties and regions.
- Canada at Scale: Maps of our History National Archives of Canada online exhibition with large collection of digital maps and historical explanation. 16th to 19th century maps of Canada and North America.
- United States Library of Congress Map Collections Searchable collection of digitized maps in the public domain from North America, 1544-1996. Grouped into categories: cities, environment, exploration, immigration, military, and transportation.
Diego Gutierrez Map of America, 1562
Western Hemisphere map; historical information with scrolling and zooming map viewer.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 13:05:08 CET (https://www.loc.gov/collections/general-maps/about-this-collection/)
Includes hundreds of Florida maps and detail views from 1584 to the present.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 13:05:10 CET (http://fcit.usf.edu/florida/maps/)
Yale University Map Collection
200 period maps and globes from 16th to 19th c., including world, continent, and city maps. Majority of maps are New World. Includes Lada-Mocarski, Cross, and Lanman map collections.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 13:05:13 CET (http://web.library.yale.edu/maps)
University of Virginia: Maps from Columbus to Lewis and Clark
Period maps and atlases from 1507 to 1805 focusing on the exploration of the central and western US.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 13:05:16 CET (http://www.library.virginia.edu/exhibitions/)
US Historical Topographic Maps
Historical topographic maps of US East Coast states from 19th and early 20th century, scanned from original US Geological Survey maps
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 13:05:17 CET (http://www.mytopo.com/search.cfm)
King County: Comparative Aerial Photos
Aerial photographs from the 1930s, 1970s, and 1990s illustrating the growth of several areas in King County, Washington.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 13:05:19 CET (http://www.kingcounty.gov/services/environment/data-and-trends/natural-resource-maps/aerials.aspx)