OpenStreetMap is a collaborative project to collect and distribute free geographic data, in order to allow the production of mapping and other geodata products without legal or technical restrictions on their use.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- OpenStreetMap The Free Wiki World Map – An openly licensed map of the world being created by volunteers using local knowledge, GPS tracks and donated sources. Includes an interactive map and details of how to get involved.
- OpenStreetMap: Using and Improving the Free World Map Website to accompany a German-language book about the OSM project. [Some site content in German only.]
- Wikipedia: OpenStreetMap Encyclopedia article about the open mapping project, with history, details of techniques, licensing information, and usage.
- Best of OpenStreetMap Site showcasing the best and most significant parts of the free world map.
- Mappa Mercia Project to help develop and expand OpenStreetMap in the West Midlands region of the UK. Includes an online map, error reporting tool, details of projects, blog, and how to get involved.
- Open Maps Blog from Chris Hill detailing his progress with editing and using OpenStreetMap.
- Map Kibera Project to map one of Africa's largest slums in Nairobi, Kenya. Includes the map, a project wiki, dicussion groups and photos.
- MapQuest Dev Blog: MapQuest Opens Up – in the UK Post detailing MaoQuest's experimental use of OSM data.
- LearnOSM A step-by-step beginners' guide to making maps with OpenStreetMap.
- Switch 2 OSM Advocacy site which encourages websites to switch to OSM for their online maps. Includes technical information and case studies.
- uMap Tool allowing users to create maps with OpenStreetMap layers in a embed them in their own websites.
- The Guardian: So Where Does OpenStreetMap Go Next? The online mapping answer to Wikipedia has achieved great things in its first five years. So what now?
- State of the Map US Annual United States conference for all OpenStreetMap users. Includes details of events, and signup information.
- SotM Baltics 2013 Information about the conference, program of talks, and links to videos and slides.
- OpenCage Data Commercial service providing a variety of custom extracts of OpenStreetMap data. Includes details of services available and pricing.
- Maps Marker Pro Premium Wordpress plugin, allowing users to pin, organize and share their favorite spots and tracks. Site includes details of features, reviews, showcases, FAQ, and full documentation.
An international non-profit organisation supporting the OpenStreetMap project. Includes constitution, details of meetings, finances, working groups, and a list of board members and officers.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 13:07:16 CET (http://wiki.osmfoundation.org/)
Comparison of the accuracy of OpenStreetMap for Ireland with Google Maps and Bing Maps - NUI Maynooth ePrints and eTheses Archive
Paper that considers five case-study cities and towns and compares spatial coverage, currency, and ground-truth positional accuracy. No clear winner is found amongst the three mapping platforms.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-06-16 13:07:34 CET (http://eprints.maynoothuniversity.ie/2476)