Located 5° 52' N, 162° 06' W near Kingman Reef.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- CIA - The World Factbook: United States Pacific Island Wildlife Refuges Features map and brief descriptions of the geography, people, government, economy, communications, transportation, military and transnational issues.
- Palmyra: Pacific Paradise NPR radio feature on the atoll (July 2000, by Alex Chadwick).
- Palmyra Island Monthly Coral Oxygen Isotope Data 112-year, monthly-resolved coral record, gathered by Kim Cobb and Chris Charles.
- Wikipedia - Palmyra Atoll Hyperlinked encyclopedia article covers the uninhabited US territory's history, government and politics, geography, economy, demographics, language and culture.
- Encyclopedia of the Nations - Palmyra Atoll Provides information about the country's geography, people, government, economy and tourism. From Thomson Gale.
- The Curse of Palmyra Island Article about the aura of the islands in the light of past events and visitors' travelogues. Includes excerpts about the ownership of the island.
- Palmyra Atoll: Rainforest of the Sea A webcast photographic expedition to Palmyra Atoll, 1000 miles south of Hawaii. Features history and photography and video of coral reefs and Palmyra's wildlife.
- United States v. Fullard-Leo, 331 U.S. 256 (1947) Supreme Court's 1947 decision rejecting the government's 1939 claim to the atoll after review of the occupany of the uninhabited island in the last hundred years.
IMDb - And the Sea Will Tell (1991)
Details of the TV movie about the real-life murder of Mac and Muff Graham on Palmyra Atoll.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-10 15:07:38 CET (/title/tt0101345/)
The Nature Conservancy - Palmyra Atoll
News and information about the conservation group's purchase of the atoll to study and preserve its fauna and flora. Includes timeline and illustrations.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-10 15:07:44 CET (https://www.nature.org/ourinitiatives/regions/northamerica/unitedstates/hawaii/palmyraatoll?redirect=https-301)