This category lists sites specifically for the non-professional areas of astronomy. Amateurs are also known as "backyard astronomers."
- Amateur Contributions to Science
- Amateur Telescope Making
- Astrophotography and CCD Imaging
Related categories 4
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Digital Astronomy Gallery Images, star enhancement processing, equipment information, and what's new.
- Space Offers space, astronomy and technology content, including information, education, entertainment and business news.
- Ask an Astronomer Questions answered by graduate students, including a question and answer archive, information on the solar system, the universe, SETI, observational astronomy, careers and history.
- Stargazing Network What's new, mini-FAQ, and table of contents.
- The Astro Pages Astrophotos, articles, discussion boards, telescope making, observer's logs, and calendar.
- The Silicon Sky Project links, weather, comet observing, interest links, minor planets, and resources.
- Astronomy Boy Getting started, CG-5 mount, SAA 100 list, constellation portraits, barn door tracker, comet Hale Bopp, homemade eyepieces, EQ mount tutorial, millennium rant, and biography, home.
- Astroscopic Labs Includes galleries, equipment reviews, articles, observation planning, and links.
- Sundial, Calendar and Khmer Temples Experimental astronomy applied on research of solar orientation of the temples in SE-Asia.
- Backyard Astronomer Contains sections for equipment, the beginner, books, the solar system and deep sky, web log, and links.
- StarJunkie Equipment, astrophotography, terms, forum, photo archives, chat, and links.
- Astronomy Awards Supporting the hobby related web sites throughout world.
- Rick Costello Space Art Paintings Gallery, about the artist, and essays.
- Clear Skies On Demand An online astronomy journal by Math Heijen, backyard astronomer from the Netherlands. Observing logs from Sun, Moon and Deepsky, digital lunar and solar images, equipment reviews, links, books etc. Articles about the Sun, Moon and Deepsky.
- The Edge of Nowhere Images, events, news, information, games, awards, and links.
- Astro World Provides studies, images, movies, and equations.
- Astronomical Observatory Visual and CCD photomety, including classic and digital astrophotography. Presents equipment and resources. Located near Plomin in eastern Istria, Croatia.
- Eagles Eye on the Sky Monthly guide to what's up in the sky.
- Star Stryder Blogging the sky one sidereal day at a time.
- Space and Telescope.com Contains current space news, useful astronomical utilities and information, and amateur images. Includes clickable Messier and Caldwell object tables.
- Summer Stargazing - Night Sky in the Northern Hemisphere An article written by Philip Harrington.
- Astronomy Cast Weekly podcast providing discussions on astronomical topics ranging from planets to cosmology.
- 365 Days of Astronomy Project to provide an astronomy podcast every day of the year, written, recorded and produced by people around the world.
- Urban Astronomer Practical and educational articles to help the urban and armchair astronomer get the most out of the hobby.
- Backyard Astronomy with Paul Mortfield Photo gallery, discoveries, details about personal observatory, and chart of large solar flare activity.
Amateur Astronomy and Space Website
Images, CCD information, buy and sell, and links.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-10 19:16:02 CET (http://www.astronomer.eu/)
The Astronomy Cafe
The menu is appetizers, specials, and main course.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-10 19:16:03 CET (http://sten.astronomycafe.net/the-astronomy-cafe/)