Mycology is the branch of biology concerned with the study of fungi, including their genetic and biochemical properties and their taxonomy. Much study focuses on yeasts and microscopic fungi, many of which are plant and animal pathogens.
Related categories 5
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Fun Facts About Fungi Contains fact sheets with photos and fun activities for kids.
- Rogers Mushrooms Images, information, keys and global chat room.
- Pyrenomycetes from southwestern France Family Xylariaceae. Synoptic and dichotomous keys.
- Medical Mycology Online Contains lots of information on the fungi that cause human infections. Descriptions of the organisms and the diseases they cause. Complete with excellent images.
- MykoWeb Information on mushrooms, fungi, mycophagy, and mycology primarily for the amateur. Includes photographs, descriptions, and recipes.
- The Ones That Stain Blue Psilocybe mushrooms: studies in ethnomycology
- Mycokey A synoptic key for determination of fungal genera. This first version includes 180 genera and about 750 illustrated species. Covers the genera of basidiomycota with stem and cap (Agarics, and Boletes) from Northern Europe.
- Duke Mycology Information on Rytas Vilgalys's research group, evolutionary biology of mushrooms, and mushrooms of North Carolina.
- Mycology.net Internet portal for scientists presenting information about diversity of fungi including email directories, societies, identification, collections, and resources.
- Fungi and mushrooms of the Czech republic Over 500 images of fungi including Latin to Czech fungi name translations, list of mycologists, and events.
- Forest Fungi Of New Zealand Photographs and information on New Zealand Fungi now also including slime moulds
- Orson and Hope Miller's Mushroom Images of edible, interesting and poisonous mushrooms. Contains recipes and publications list.
- Fungi of New South Wales, Australia Photographs, drawings, and descriptions of indigenous macro fungi, by Jamie Derkenne.
- Taxonomy and Ecology of Ascomycetes Photos, drawings and keys of the macro- and microscopy of ascomycetes, and ecological aspects of these fungi.
- Fungal Biology Introduction to mycology for university students. Includes topics on structure, sexual and asexual spores, dimorphism, haustoria, rhizomorphs, and sclerotia and stromata.
- Mycology Resources Links to internet resources of interest to mycologists.
- Tom Volk's Fungi Information on mushrooms and mycology, forays and workshop information, images for teaching, and related resources.
University of Oslo Mycological Herbarium
Collections database, images, fact sheets, red list, list of taxon names and synonyms. In Norwegian and English.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 04:48:37 CET (http://nhm2.uio.no/botanisk/sopp)
Fungal Biodiversity Center - Utrecht, The Netherlands
Includes extensive databases for many types of fungi.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 04:49:07 CET (http://www.westerdijkinstitute.nl/)
Fungi mailinglist and archive
Belgian mailinglist for mycology. Share your questions and answers; outdoor-activities; determinations about fungi with others who are also interested in Mycology. Or search the archive for some information.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 04:49:12 CET (https://ls.kuleuven.be/cgi-bin/wa?S1=fungi)