Most research activities will either occur in academic departments or in research institutes (which may either be in universities or external). Both of these are included in this category.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Institut Curie The main research activities - ranging from the physical chemistry of organized molecular complexes to basic biological research and cancer genetics - are conducted in the Research Division of the Curie Institute. This basic research is targeted to the development new diagnostic methods and cancer treatments.
- CIRAD Information about the agricultural, veterinary, forestry, and food sciences research, carried out by the French scientific organization based at research centers around the world. In French and English.
- Friedrich Miescher Institute Research institute in Basel undertaking fundamental biomedical research, employing new technologies to explore basic molecular mechanisms of cells and organisms in health and disease.
- Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research The Whitehead Institute is a non-profit, independent basic research and teaching institution recognized worldwide for pathfinding programs in cancer and AIDS research, developmental biology, structural biology, infectious disease, and genetics.
- National Centre for Biological Sciences Part of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research and located in Bangalore. Carries out basic research in the frontier areas of biology and trains to Ph.D. level.
- Institute of Systematics and Evolution of Animals. The main task of the Institute are researches devoted to different aspects of animal systematics, paleontology, faunistics, and cytology. All scientific projects carried out in the Institute's departments are focused on three main disciplines: zoology of vertebrates, zoology of invertebrates and experimental zoology.
- Alaska Fisheries Science Center This branch of NMFS/NOAA is responsible for Federal fisheries research in the coastal oceans off Alaska and the west coast of the United States.
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Research in cancer biology, plant genetics, genomics and bioinformatics, and neurobiology.
- The Salk Institute for Biological Studies The Salk Institute is a private, non-profit, research organization dedicated to fundamental research in biology and its relation to health, studying such challenging problems as the organization and operation of the brain, the control of gene activity, and the molecular origins of cancer, AIDS, and other diseases.
- Kewalo Marine Laboratory Includes access to the Marine Invertebrate Reproduction Database as well as information about sponsored research, events, and scientists.
- Woods Hole Marine Biological Laboratory Information about the programs and resources available at the laboratory, including publications, databases, specimens, grants, and library services.
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Biomedical research, grants. HHMI investigators contributed to the discovery of genes related to diseases such as cystic fibrosis and obesity, and to basic understanding of cell development and communication. Scientists are employed by HHMI and conduct their work at HHMI facilities at leading research institutions nationwide. Web site has extensive news and information on recent research findings.
- Karolinska Institutet - Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics (MBB) Research at MBB covers many fields of medical biochemistry and biophysics.
- NCBI Coffee Break Interactive articles that show how the application of bioinfomatics tools from the NCBI contribute to scientific discoveries.
- Muka Head Research Station The research arm of Malaysian Science University, studying tropical marine and coastal science. Current projects include studies of clams, oysters, and marine biodiversity.
- Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation Information and links to research, grants, and extension activities in agriculture, forage biotechnology, and plant biology.
- Institute of Biology/Genetics Research on cyanobacterial peptide biosynthesis, genetics, and light-harvesting apparatus, plant organellar RNA polymerases, chloroplast-nuclear interactions, and fungal phylogeny - from Humboldt Univ.-Berlin.
- National Academy of Sciences (U.S.) Division on Earth and Life Sciences Advancing the life sciences and applying science to analysis and alleviation national problems. Site has information on and reports from NAS boards on Biology, Environmental Studies and Toxicology, and Radiation Effects Research, and the Institute for Laboratory Animal Research.
- Vascular Biology Laboratory Information on research on stimulating angiogenesis to reduce hypertension. Includes publication list, newsletter and resource links.
- Algae Research Laboratory, University of Malaya Prof. Phang Siew Moi's lab is the premier algal research initiative in Malaysia. Provides details of the laboratory, research programs and publications.
- Dennis Orthopaedic Tissue Engineering Laboratory Multi-disciplinary group specialising in tissue engineering with an orthopaedic bias. Projects include: peptide directed cell targeting, antibody directed cell targeting, laryngotracheal reconstruction using scaffold free tissue engineered cartilage and whole joint coverage.
- Center for Integrative Biology CIBIO, at the University of Trento, Italy, aims to merge classical cellular and molecular biology approaches with systems and synthetic biology. Provides details of the research activities in its core laboratories and the research network.
- Stowers Institute for Medical Research conducts basic biomedical research into complex genetic systems to unlock the mysteries of disease and find the key to their causes, treatment and prevention.
- Laboratory for Comparative Human Biology Research center in the Emory College Department of Anthropology offering information about research, teaching, publishing, and collaboration activities.
- Avicenna Research Institute ARI includes the Reproductive Biotechnology Research Center, the Monoclonal Antibody Research Center, Nanobiotechnology Research Center and Infertility Clinic. Includes information on research, education, publications and achievements.
- Plant Ecophysiology Group: Universidad de La Laguna Provides information on the history of this research group, its members, projects, techniques and publications. English and Spanish.
Institute for Medical Physics and Biophysics University of Leipzig
Homepage of the Institute for Medical Physics and Biophysics University of Leipzig: staff, research, publications, scientific events, teaching and history.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 05:16:59 CET (http://biophysik.medizin.uni-leipzig.de)
University of Michigan Life Sciences Initiative
Information on the Life Sciences Institute, the Life Sciences Corridor, the Life Sciences Values and Society program, and educational programs and events.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 05:17:07 CET (http://www.lsi.umich.edu/)
Michael Rosbash's Laboratory Website
Includes a list of lab personnel and alumni, research objectives, publications, and contact information. Research focuses on RNA splicing, nuclear export and the study of mechanisms affecting circadian rhythms.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 05:17:09 CET (http://www.bio.brandeis.edu/rosbash-lab)
Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn
Research center in Naples, Italy. Includes descriptions of current research projects.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 05:17:11 CET (http://www.szn.it/index.php/it/)
University of Belgrade Institute for Biological Research
http://www.ibiss.bg.ac.rs/ Information about the institute's activities, research, and staff. In English and Serbian.
Unlinked due to HTTP 303 detected on 2017-07-11 05:16:43 CET