Sociobiology is an area of study combining biology and sociology that attempts to explain social behavior in all species by considering the evolutionary advantages the behaviors may have.
Related categories 5
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology Tables of contents and article abstracts from this Springer-Verlag journal. Complete article texts are available in PDF format to print subscribers.
- Behavioural Ecology Research Group, Oxford Research group studying animal learning, memory, and decision-making, using experimental psychology and evolutionary biology as tools. Department of Zoology, University of Oxford.
- Archive site for Kenan Malik Essays, papers, lectures and reviews on Darwinism, evolutionary psychology, race, philosophy and history. Also extracts from Kenan Malik's books 'Man, Beast and Zombie' and 'What is it to be Human?'.
- A reduction of "Species" Online paper by Jody Hey,Department of Genetics, Rutgers University.
- Demonic Males: Apes and the Origins of Human Violence Chapter one of the book by Richard Wrangham and Dale Petersen.
- Digit Ratio: A Pointer to Fertility, Behavior and Health by John T. Manning Michael Mills examines the claim that digit ratio allows us infer whether an individual is likely to have homosexual inclinations, be highly fertile, may eventually suffer from a heart attack or breast cancer, have musical aptitude or sporting prowess, and a surprisingly long list of other characteristics.
- Great Ideas in Personality - Evolutionary Psychology and Sociobiology Includes links to research papers, web sites, and other reference sources.
- Smithsonian Magazine - What's for Dinner? Photographer Peter Menzel posed the Natomos, the Cavens and five other "statistically average" families with the food they eat in a week.
- Survival of the Surliest Article from Guardian Unlimited on a supposed argument between Gouldians and Dawkinsians.
- Sociobiology Explains major concepts of Sociobiology, including Ethology, Evolution, Attraction, Sexual Dimorphism, Imprinting, Kin Selection, Reciprocal Altruism, and Dominance Hierarchies. Contrasts the roles of Sociobiology and Culture.
- Human Genetics for the Social Sciences Text, figures, and learning exercises in human behavioral genetics
- Against Sociobiology Tom Bethell speculates on what future generations will make of the controversy surrounding human sociobiology.
Animal behavior and sociobiology courses
Research and teaching in animal and human behavior by Dr. Paul J. Watson, University of New Mexico and Flathead Lake Biological, Montana. Field courses, graduate and independent study student supervision, and workshops.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 05:17:35 CET (http://biology.unm.edu/Biology/pwatson/public_html/pjw_cv.htm)
About.com - Konrad Lorenz
Short biography of Lorenz focuses on his research into innate animal behavior and his book "On Aggression."
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 05:17:37 CET (http://atheism.about.com/index.htm)