Theoretical biology attempts to explain the biological world using mainly mathematical and computational tools. Though ultimately based on observations and experimental results, the theoretical biologist's product is a model or theory.
Related categories 5
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology: Princeton University Carries out research in a range of areas including molecular evolution, behavioural ecology, the dynamics of communities and populations, and conservation biology. Includes details of graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Claus Emmeche Home page of a theoretical biologist with general interests in Philosophy of Nature, Philosophy of Science, and Science Studies, and research interests in artificial life and theoretical biology. Links to online papers, other resources, and to the Center for the Philosophy of Nature and Science Studies.
- Honig Lab at Columbia University Research combines computational biophysics and bioinformatics to aid in understanding the structural, physical, and chemical basis of a wide range of biological phenomena, with a focus on protein structure and function. Includes publications list and information on software developed by the group.
- Random Variations to Biological Choice Philosophical speculations on physics and biology.
- Short Courses on the Mathematics of Biological Complexity Three short courses will be held at the University of Tennessee to give biologists a rapid introduction to the mathematical and computational topics appropriate for understanding current research in biological complexity.
- Careers in Theoretical Biology Guidance brochure for high school and undergraduate students. Defines theoretical biology, gives examples of its application, and provides advice on preparing for a career in the field.
- University of Lund Department of Theoretical Ecology. Members, teaching and research.
- Theoretical Biology at Utrecht University, Netherlands Formal models in ecology, spatial pattern formation, (molecular) evolution, immunology, and ethology. Formalisms range from mathematical models, cellular automata, genetic algorithms, to discrete-event individual-oriented simulation models. Bioinformatic approach typically involves spatial, multi-leveled models with many interacting entities whose behavior is determined by local information.
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam Department of Theoretical Biology. A do-it-yourself online course in 'methods in theoretical biology' and yearly organised online courses on the Dynamic Energy Budget (DEB) theory of the development and growth of organisms.
- Theoretical Biology of Systems The research group of Athel Cornish-Bowden are interested in the definition of life, especially in relation to the (M,R) systems of Robert Rosen, and also in metabolic regulation and control.
- Theory of Asynchronous Evolution Vigen A. Geodakian puts forward his theory which contradicts Darwin’s theory of sexual selection and explains and predicts sexual dimorphism.
- Dr. Till Bretschneider Homepage of Dr. Bretschneider, researcher in the field of theoretical biology. It includes research activities and publications.
- Navier-Stalks Exploring the wonderful world of systems biology research through the eyes of an outsider.
- VackvSuG Blog for researchers interested in systems biology domains and system factors and mechanisms and in particular, bioinformatic annotation.
- Savillo, Isidro T. Theoretical biologist, here introducing some basic concepts in molecular and cell biology and challenging various well known biological theories, principles or beliefs.
- Immunoligical Identification of Gut Pathogens and Commensals Article discussing how the lining of the gut distinguishes harmful from beneficial gut microbes in a nonmolecular way by detecting how they interact with the epithelium.
- Theoretical Biology Groningen Focuses on competition and natural selection, more specifically evolutionary game theory, life history theory, sexual selection, sex allocation, metapopulation genetics, resource competition, and interference competition.
- Molecular Information Theory The theory of molecular machines from the NIH Laboratory of Computational and Experimental Biology.
Home page of a theoretical neurobiologist at Swinburne University of Technology. Papers on theoretical models of the mammalian electroencephalogram and related lecture notes (medical imaging, physiological modeling).
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 05:20:18 CET (http://opax.swin.edu.au/~dliley)
University of Vienna
Department of Theoretical Biology. Staff, research projects and resources.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 05:20:19 CET (http://theoretical.univie.ac.at)