Chemistry is typically defined as the science that studies the composition, structure, and transformation of matter. It has been called "the central science" because of the way it is related with all the other sciences. Chemistry bridges the gap between physics and biology; it is a "helper science" in almost many technical disciplines; and it occupies a prominent position in industry between the extraction of raw materials and the manufacture of finished products. Of course, it is chemists who call it this way; other scientists may have different perspectives. Chemistry is also distinguished from some other sciences because it creates its own object of study: chemists can imagine and create new compounds that have never existed in nature, so they are not constrained to what already exists, but only to what can be done.
- Clinical and Medicinal Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Food Science
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- The Sceptical Chymist New developments in chemistry and chemical biology from the editors of Nature and associated journals.
- Sci.Chem FAQ A fairly comprehensive list of frequently asked questions and answers about chemistry and related topics.
- Chemical Forums Discussion boards for all areas of chemistry, at levels ranging from high school to graduate school and practicing chemists. Site also includes web directory, periodic table, articles, and reference tables.
- Molecule of the Day Weblog explains the relationship between chemistry and real life to non-chemists.
- BlueObelisk Project to develop resources for chemistry based around the concepts of open data, open standards and open source. Members list, details of activities, mailing list, news, and publications.
- Chemical Information Sources Resource designed to help people find and learn how to use chemical information on the Internet and elsewhere. Wiki interface and llnks.
News articles, periodic tables, educational resources, newsletters, and annotated links.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 05:54:47 CET (https://www.thoughtco.com/chemistry-4133594)
Other languages 31
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Català (Catalan)
- Chinese Simplified
- Chinese Traditional (Chinese)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Deutsch (German)
- Español (Spanish)
- Français (French)
- Italiano (Italian)
- Lietuvių (Lithuanian)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- Persian (Farsi)
- Polski (Polish)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Română (Romanian)
- Slovensky (Slovak)