Meteorology is the interdisciplinary scientific study of the atmosphere that focuses on weather processes and forecasting. It is often an inexact science, especially when forecasting is involved, so that predictions often are stated as a percentage of probability.
Related categories 6
Loading new listings for you to review...
- UM Weather From the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor. Includes forecasts, maps, models, radar and satellite images, weather cams and a collection of weather-related links.
- Weber's Weather World Forecast and precipitation links, with imagery links to climate date, hurricane information, lightning strikes, satellite photos and the National Weather Service.
- Resources in Atmospheric Sciences An educational tool comprised of short articles on the subject and a comprehensive collection of links to outside weather sources.
- Meteorological and Climatologial Resources Comprehensive links to world-wide weather and climate information, as well as journals, newsgroups, job opportunities, software, and imagery.
- Fremont's Contribution to Meteorology Fremont's 1848 description of the forces that govern the weather of California.
- Weather Legacy Meteorology information including glossary, definition of meteorological scales, software, poetry, and links.
- Artificial Intelligence and Meteorology Collection of links to web resources related to the applications of artificial intelligence to the field of weather forecasting.
- Citizen Weather Observer Program A private/public partnership which collects weather data from individuals and makes it available to weather services. Site has information about setting up a station and joining the program, and access to the collected data.
- Japan Meteorological Agency Provides weather related news and climate, weather and earthquake information.
- Freese-Notis Weather Source of global weather information for agriculture, aviation, commodities, construction, energy, forensics, and transportation. NEXRAD radar imagery via InterRAD.
- Skywarn256's Weatherblog Blog about climate change, severe weather, storm chasing and spotting, atmospheric phenomena and news in the world of science. Includes live weather data and photos.
- PlanetDiary Highlights natural phenomena and current events from around the world.