This category serves as a collection and reference point for those parts of earth science concerned with earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural events causing damage and destruction. Resources include educational materials for dealing with natural disasters, links to other categories exploring more particular hazards, and research on disasters as such.
Related categories 6
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Savage Earth Web companion to the PBS show, produced by New York's WNET, on natural disasters like earthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanoes. Includes detailed animations, QuickTime movies, survivors' stories, and links.
- Natural Disaster Management in India Government Department of Agriculture and Cooperation information resource, including reports on recent and current disasters and information on management initiatives.
- Societal Aspects of Weather Organization which measures the impact of weather on people.
- Natural Disasters Association Provides information on different types of disasters, courses, education and a forum.
- The Natural Hazards Mitigation Group at University of Geneva Research and training programs on volcanic and seismic hazards and their mitigation, as well as disaster response.
- Degassing Lakes Manoun and Nyos History of the 1986 disaster at Lake Nyos and details of a plan to mitigate the effect of future disasters through degassing. Includes a webcam at Lake Nyos.
- Geologic Hazards US Geological Survey resources on hazards related to earthquakes, landslides, and geomagnetism.
- CrisisWiki Volunteer driven resource that lists sites and information, such as charities, news, and relief efforts, relating to natural disasters.
- Disaster Research Center Online publications, data, bibliographies, and other information relevant to the sociology of disasters.
- USGS -- Hazards Theme Public-education gateway to U.S. Geologic Survey information on hazards.
- National Climatic Data Center Severe weather records and natural disaster links.
- First Book A 3D map of the world giving a real-time visual depiction of active earthquakes, volcanoes and tsunamis.
- ICRC: Restoring Family Links Network for persons affected by natural disasters. Operated by the International Committee of the Red Cross, in cooperation with the tracing services of the National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
- Earthquake Report Provides news and updates about earthquakes and volcanoes. Includes tips on preparedness and articles.