This category deals with one of the most destructive weather phenomena, floods. Floods can be caused by hurricanes and heavy rains. They can be in rivers, lakes, streams, even that little harmless creek up the road. Sites listed here discuss anything flood related, from specific flood incidents to the phenomenon behind floods, to how to deal with flooding before and after.
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Association of State Floodplain Managers (ASFPM) ASFPM is an organization of professionals in the US interested in floods, floodplain management and related topics. Site contains news of national, state and local floodplain management legislation.
- Floodplain Management Information about flooding, floodplains, and flood protection. Also links to other web resources related to floods, flooding, and floodplain management.
- NOVA Online, Flood Takes a look at the history of floods, the Midwestern flood of 1993, and the benefits of floods.
- Gemmer Provides information and links to projects, policies, and science covering the fields of climate change, energy, environment and floods in Europe and China.
- Ready: Floods Including floodplain mapping and mitigation programs, advice on preparedness, reports on past floods, and legal information.
- Coping With Floods Extensive information on dealing with the before, during, and aftermath of floods, presented by North Dakota State University.
- FloodList News and articles on the latest disasters.
Provides services and resources on flooding in King County, Washington.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 08:43:52 CET (http://www.kingcounty.gov/services/environment/water-and-land/flooding.aspx)
American Red Cross - Flood Safety
Information on preparing for floods and how to cope afterwards.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 08:43:56 CET (http://www.redcross.org/get-help/how-to-prepare-for-emergencies/types-of-emergencies/flood)