Generally, programs to mentor all ages of students interested in science and math topics and careers of all types and, when applicable, adults with similar interests, including actual or potential science and math teachers. Mentoring programs implicitly and sometimes explicitly target 'historically underrepresented populations' for mentoring, but sites in this category are not limited to this focus.
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Learning Leaders A nonprofit organization, recruits, screens, trains and supports volunteers who provide one-on-one and small group instructional support and other services to New York City public school students.
- Webgrrls Webgrrls is a networking and mentoring forum for women in or interested in new media or technology. Their membership organization has chapters in the US and other countries.
- Geological Society of America Geology: Mentor Programs Outreach programs designed to facilitate mentoring relationships between professional geologists (applied geology, hydrogeology, and public policy) and university students.
- Adviser, Teacher, Role Model, Friend This guide is intended for faculty members, teachers, administrators, and others who advise and mentor students of science and engineering. It attempts to summarize features that are common to successful mentoring relationships. Its goal is to encourage mentoring habits that are in the best interests of both parties to the relationship.
- The Young Scientist Program Washington University School of Medicine outreach program for students.
- Center for Gender Studies Student Internships Center Internships emphasize undergraduate and graduate student training through participation in researching and exploring the ways societies shape and define expectations for women and men.