Monitoring and study of the distribution and cycling of carbon in the atmosphere, oceans, and ecosystems.
Related categories 4
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center (CDIAC) Global-change data and information analysis for the US Department of Energy (DOE). Atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide and other radiatively active gases; role of the terrestrial biosphere and oceans in biogeochemical cycles of greenhouse gases; emissions of carbon dioxide; long-term climate trends; effects of elevated carbon dioxide on vegetation; vulnerability of coastal areas to rising sea level.
- United States Trace Gas Network The TRAGNET network is meant to accomplish the following two goals: 1. Document contemporary fluxes of CO2, CH4 and N2O between regionally important ecosystems and the atmosphere and 2. Determine the factors controlling these fluxes and improve our ability to predict future fluxes in response to ecosystem and climate change.
- Global Carbon Project Scientific partnership that aims to develop a complete picture of the global carbon cycle, including both its biophysical and human dimensions together with the interactions and feedbacks between them. A project of the Earth System Science Partnership of the International Geosphere Biosphere Programme (IGBP), World Climate Research Programme (WCRP), and the International Human Dimensions Programme (IHDP)
- Carbon Cycle Sections concisely summarize the history of the element and its presence on earth, from its discovery in 1594 to topics such as carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, fossil fuels, and carbon credits and sequestration.
- BOREAS Project The Boreal Ecosystem-Atmosphere Study is a large-scale international interdisciplinary experiment in the northern boreal forests of Canada. Its goal was to improve the understanding of how the ecosystem interacts with the atmosphere, what amount of CO2 can be stored, and the impact of climate change.
- Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center (CDIAC) Responds to data and information concerning greenhouse effect and global climate change. Includes research reports, news and articles.
- Carbon Sense Coalition Voluntary group of people concerned about the extent to which carbon is vilified in Western societies. It aims to restore balance to the carbon debate and explain and defend the key role of carbon in the production of heat, light transportation and foodstuffs.
- Eejits Guides Clear and concise guides to environmental issues including the carbon cycle and CO2 emissions.
- Carbon Neutral Earth Explains the concept of carbon neutrality and provides a directory of articles, information links, news headlines, and eco-friendly products to get people started.
- Mystery of the Missing Carbon Discusses the BOREAS research program, which investigated the "missing carbon" problem in global carbon cycle studies.