The environment contains many substances (elements, compounds, manufactured products) which are toxic to humans and animals.
Related categories 9
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) Charged under U.S. CERCLA statute to assess the presence and nature of health hazards at Superfund sites and to help reduce further exposures. Website has toxicity profiles for hazardous chemicals and extensive information on topics such as multiple chemical exposures and PCBs.
- CDC's Second National Report on Human Exposure to Environmental Chemicals Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Second National Report on Human Exposure to Environmental Chemicals. Ongoing assessment of the exposure of the U.S. population to environmental chemicals using biomonitoring.
- International Programme on Chemical Safety INCHEM Database Provides information on chemicals affecting the environment and human health from internationally peer-reviewed chemical safety-related publications and databases.
- National Library of Medicine (NLM) Information and index on toxicology, environmental health, HIV, and AIDS. Search toxicology and chemical information databases from Specialized Information Services (SIS).
- Chem-Tox.Com Index provides links to research about health disorders resulting from exposure to common chemicals and pesticides.
- Human and Environmental Risk Assessment The HERA project is a European voluntary initiative launched by the suppliers and manufacturers, AISE and CEFIC, of household cleaning products to provide a common risk assessment framework. Provides news, risk assessment results and resources.
- The Vermiculite Institute Organized by vermiculite mining companies, processors, and users to promote the many uses of vermiculite and to address concerns about the health and safety of using vermiculite.
- PCBs: Farmed Salmon vs. Wild Salmon - Is Farmed Salmon safe to eat? Discusses various reports on safety and guidelines by various health agencies.
- Tox Town Illustrated guide to commonly encountered toxic chemicals, environmental health risks, and the public's health, from the U.S. National Library of Medicine.[Requires Flash]
- EDF Chemical Scorecard Toxic Release Inventory data for the US. Sources and amounts of toxic chemicals released to air and water. Also has information on health effects and other topics.