Some listings are actually links to categories elsewhere in the directory. This category is for scientifically-oriented organizations. Environmental advocacy groups are listed in Society:Issues:Environment:Organizations.
Listed as Subcategories:
"Governmental" includes national government agencies and international intergovernmental agencies (such as United Nations organizations).
"Industry Groups" lists environmental sites maintained by private corporations or industry consortia.
"Professional Associations" are organizations of professionals engaged in various environmental fields.
"Research Institutes" are operated by universities, governments, foundations, and NGOs. They are engaged primarily in acquisition and dissemination of scientific and technical knowledge about the environment or its protection.
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Water Center for the Humid Tropics of Latin America and the Caribbean CATHALAC is an international organization that aims to promote sustainable development, education and technology transfer on water resources and the environment. Spanish and English.
- European Nature Heritage Fund - Euronatur Germany-based NGO working to promoting the dialogue between environment, economy and politics. Information about projects and concerns.
- Environmental Council of the States [ECOS] U.S. national non-profit, non-partisan association of state and territorial environmental commissioners. Site helps provide an exchange of ideas, views and experiences in environmental regulation and management, as well as state positions on national environmental issues.
- ITDP-The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP)promotes environmentally sustainable transportation policies and projects worldwide, acting to counter automobile dependence in developing countries and Central and Eastern Europe.
- David Suzuki Foundation An environmental non-profit organization registered in Canada, working to design a vision of Earth in which humans live within the planet's productive capacity, and finding and communicating practical steps to bring that vision to reality.
- The Lloyd Center for Environmental Studies A non-profit organization that provides education programs and conducts research to develop a scientific and public understanding of the coastal, estaurine, and watershed environments in southeastern New England.
- Global NEST: Global Network for Environmental Science and Technology Network of scientists and engineers addressing environmental problems around the globe. Includes discussion forums and conference information.
- The British Land Reclamation Society A multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary organisation concerned with the reclamation, rehabilitation and restoration of land, including contaminated, derelict and abandoned land from mineral workings and other urban and industrial uses.
- Biotica Ecological Society Moldovan environmental association. Areas of activity include conservation of biodiversity; development of national environmental legislation and public participation in decision-making process; and creation of a legal basis for NGOs activity in Moldova.
- Food & Trees for Africa South African social enterprise addressing greening, climate change action, food security, sustainable water and soil use and management, with a strong focus on environmental and global warming education and awareness.
- Great Lakes Protection Fund A private, nonprofit corporation formed in 1989 by the Governors of the Great Lakes States. It is a permanent environmental endowment that supports collaborative actions to improve the health of the Great Lakes ecosystem.
- The Ecology Action Centre An active advocate in protecting the environment since 1972.
- Canadian Council on Ecological Areas The CCEA is committed to establishing a comprehensive network of protected areas linked together in a system that will protect Canada's terrestrial and aquatic diversity in perpetuity.
- Canadian Society of Environmental Biologists Members are professionally-trained biologists and biology students whose primary focus is to further the conservation and prudent management of Canada's natural resources based on sound ecological principles.
- Zoological Society of Montreal A non-profit organization which promotes and develops an interest in and knowledge and protection of wildlife, particularly in Canada.
- L i g h t H a w k A non-profit, environmental organization which uses the power of flight to conserve and protect the earth's diverse ecosystems, plant and animal life, and natural resources.
- LEANweb The Louisiana Environmental Action Network is dedicated to making Louisiana safe for future generations. The site serves as an information center for people who have concerns about the environment.
- National Parks and Conservation Association Site provides information on US national parks and campaigns to protect these natural, historic and cultural treasures.
- Slide Ranch Teaches practical lessons about basic human needs - food, clothing and community - in order to promote awareness of agriculture, its processes and products, more sustainable use of natural resources, a personal sense of connection with the natural world, and with the environment.
- Information Center for the Environment (ICE), University of California, Davis (UCD) Information Center for the Environment is a cooperative effort of environmental scientists at the University of California, Davis and collaborators at over thirty private, state, federal, and international organizations interested in environmental protection.
- Save Our Canyons Dedicated to Protecting the Beauty and Wildness of the Wasatch Canyons, Mountains and Foothills in Utah
- Center For Alaskan Coastal Studies The (CACS) is a nonprofit environmental education organization in Homer, Alaska.
- Tongass Conservation Society TCS is the conservation conscience of Ketchikan, Alaska, and is dedicated to preserving the biodiversity of the many island forests of the Tongass through protection of habitat from the pressures of industrial exploitation.
- Australian Conservation Foundation Australia's leading environment group covers national environmental issues: forests, national parks, uranium mining, global warming, world heritage, rivers, recycling, pollution, wilderness and endangered species.
- American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists Organization dedicated to the scientific study of fishes, amphibians and reptiles. Provides information on membership, the quarterly journal, meetings and conservation programs.
- Association for the Environmental Health of Soils (AEHS) For professionals concerned with the challenge of soil protection and cleanup.
- Center for Public Environmental Oversight Promotes and facilitates public participation in the oversight of environmental activities, including but not limited to the remediation of federal facilities, private "Superfund" sites, and Brownfields.
- Environmental Support Center ESC improves the environment in the United States by assisting grassroots environmental nonprofits.
- Conservation Foundation The group was founded by David Bellamy and David Shreeve to provide a means for people in public, private, and non-profit sectors to collaborate on environmental causes.
- Global Resource Action Center for the Environment (GRACE) Works to form new links with the research, policy and grassroots communities to preserve the future of the planet and protect the quality of the environment.
- SaveNature.org Aims to save ecosystems via purchase and preservation of threatened habitats around the world. Members of the public are invited to adopt an acre or adopt a coral reef.
- Earth Island Institute Environmental Organization: Develops and supports projects that counteract environmental threats. Issues: sustainable development, biodiversity, restoration, global warming, social justice, oceans, forests.
- Great Lakes Environment - USEPA A key source of Great Lakes environmental information.
- Citizens's Environment Coalition CEC is an information clearinghouse and communications network for environmental issues in the Houston/Galveston,Texas, area.
- Green Corps - Field School for Environmental Organizing Green Corps' one-year, full time, paid program gives you the best training available to launch an environmental/social organizing and advocacy career.
- Living Earth An international organisation which encourages people to learn and work together to resolve the environmental issues which concern them. Their programmes address a wide range of issues.
- the Harmony Institute Plans to showcase model programs of animal and horticulture therapies, have the Albert Schweitzer Campus for the education of interactions between humans, animals and the natural environment and advice on the development of a sustainable community including special amenities and services for companion animals to be named Harmony, FL.
- International Network for Environmental Compliance and Enforcement INECE is an international partnership promoting compliance and enforcement of domestic and international environmental laws through networking, capacity building, and enforcement cooperation.
- National Council for Science and the Environment Broad-based US consortium working to improve the scientific basis for environmental decisionmaking. Includes organization information, news, issues papers, and directories of university environmental programs and other resources.
- PlaNetwork An association of people promoting the use of information technology to assist towards the goal of ecological sustainability and social justice. Lists objectives and events.
- EnviroLink Library: Environmental Organizations A database of thousands of environmental organizations, organized by topic.
- Sitka Conservation Society Working to protect the natural environment of the Tongass Forest and surrounding waters of Southeast Alaska.
- Scientific Alliance News, events, opinions, membership information and resources.
- The International Environmetrics Society (TIES) Nonprofit scholarly organization that promotes the participation of statisticians, mathematicians, scientists and engineers in the solution of environmental problems.
- Parks and Wildlife Foundation Designed to accept contributions, real or personal property, grants or bequests. These gifts will be used to benefit park development and wildlife preservation and enhancement.
- Clean Islands International, Inc. Providing educational and technical assistance to island communities (Caribbean region) for the preservation and beautification of indigenous natural environments and the sustainable development of proper solid waste handling practices.
- InfoResources Source of information on natural resources in international cooperation, focusing on agriculture, forestry and the environment.
- Australian Society for Limnology A scientific society whose focus is the study and management of inland waters.
- Environmental Assessment Association (EAA) International organization dedicated to providing members with information and education on real estate environmental inspections, testing and hazardous material removal. Includes information on the organization, membership, events and programs.
- International Environmental Modelling and Software Society For private persons and organizations dealing with environmental modelling, software and related topics. Organization information, upcoming conferences, and links to related sites.
- International Society of Biometeorology The motivation of the foundation of ISB was to bring together scientists working in the field of Biometeorology, who are interested in environmental and ecological problems.
- PICES - North Pacific Marine Science Organization Organized to promote and coordinate marine research in the northern North Pacific and adjacent seas.
- Society for Preservation of Natural History Collections SPNHC is a multidisciplinary organization for those interested in the preservation, conservation and management of natural history collections.
- University Leaders for a Sustainable Future ULSF promotes academic leadership for the advancement of global environmental literacy.
- Cornwall Alliance A coalition of clergy, theologians, religious leaders, scientists, academics, and policy experts committed to bringing a proper and balanced Biblical view of stewardship to the critical issues of environment and development
- International Permafrost Association Organization aiming to disseminate knowledge about permafrost and promote cooperation among those engaged in scientific investigation and engineering work on permafrost.
- Friends of the Baltic Organization works in the field of ecological education and protection of nature in St. Petersburg and the small towns and villages on the shores of the Gulf of Finland.
- Cool Earth Charitable organization that protects endangered rainforest and ecosystems and provides sustainable jobs for indigenous people. Includes details of how members of the public can participate.
- Daya Pertiwi Foundation Indonesian organization that aims to provide services to small farmers to enhance self reliance, environmental preservation and sustainable development. Includes details of programs and projects.
- New National Parks Project Aims to expand America’s national park system through the creation of new parks and additions to existing ones. Includes information on the present parks, potential areas and campaigns.
- One Biosphere Organization that aims to provide leadership in all aspects of environmental protection and sustainability. Includes details of the mission, newsletters, resources and the environmental forum.
- Mamanuca Environment Society Organization in Fiji aiming to sustain community livelihoods and tourism through the protection of marine and terrestrial ecosystems. Includes details of the community, events, programs and projects.
- Alaska Forum for Environmental Responsibility An organization dedicated to holding industry and government accountable to the laws designed to protect Alaska's environment.
- Saskatchewan Eco Network Deals with Ecological and Environmental issues in Saskatchewan, Canada, and the rest of the world.
- The International Bryozoology Association (IBA) This organization aims to encourage research and promote an exchange of ideas on the Bryozoa. Since its foundation is has grown into an association numbering some 200 members world-wide, and covering both the fields of palaeontology and zoology.
- Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management The Institute currently has around 1000 members drawn from local authorities, government agencies, industry, environmental consultancy, teaching/research, and voluntary environmental organisations. Membership is encouraged both from individuals and organisations actively working in the field and from people with a general interest.
- Endangered Planet Foundation Endangered Planet Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring the survival of the Earth through education, dialog, the dissemination of knowledge and the recognition that advances in technology can provide many of the answers which will lead to a sustainable future.
- Scientific Committee on Problems of the Environment SCOPE is an interdisciplinary organization providing scientific reviews of key environmental issues. Includes details of projects, programs and partnerships.
- Environmental Institute of Houston EIH was created to address real and potential issues of environmental concern, such as loss of biodiversity, health risks from pollution, failure of food supplies, and depletion of natural resources.