Knots, braids, tangles: papers, software and pictures.
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- String Figure Mathematics (or Trivial Knot Theory) A mathematical analysis of string figures. Theorems, examples, illustrations and conjectures on patterns created with an unknotted string.
- Morwen Thistlethwaite's Home Page Has many beautiful images of symmetric knots, and information about a computer program called Knotscape (compiled binaries for Linux, Sunos and Alpha platforms). Includes pictures of knots with 13 crossings or less.
- History of Knot Theory Biographies of early knot theorists. Many early papers on knot theory (in pdf format) including papers by Tait, Kirkman, Little and Thomson.
- Using Topology to Probe the Hidden Action of Enzymes Describes how knot theory is used to understand the action of enzymes that affect DNA topolgy.
- The Geometry Junkyard: Knot Theory A page of links on geometric questions arising from knot embeddings.
- Knotscape By Jim Hoste and Morwen Thistlethwaite. Provides convenient access to tables of knots. Linux, Solaris.
- Cook's Borromean Ring Links Links to pages and two outlines of proofs that show the Borromean rings can't be made from circular rings.
- Thomas Fink (Tie Knots) Thomas Fink and Yong Mao, used ideas from statistical mechanics to show there are 85 ways to tie a tie. They discovered a number of new aesthetically pleasing tie knots. This page has links to their original papers and to their book ``The 85 Ways to Tie a Tie''.
- Knot Theory An overview of knot theory from Mathworld
- Pictures of Knots A table of graphics of all knots of up to nine crossings. Also includes pictures of some links.
- Kauffman, Louis H A topologist working in knot theory discusses the connection between knot theory and statistical mechanics. Sections on cybernetics and knots, Fourier knots and the author's research papers.
- Wolfram MathWorld: Knot Polynomial Some knot invariants.
- Harmonic Knots Some results and figures from Aaron Trautwein's thesis.
- The KnotPlot Site A visual exploration of mathematical knots.
- Knot Theory Group University of Liverpool Links to preprints and to programs written in pascal for doing knot calculations.
Knots on the Web (Peter Suber)
A collection of knotting resources on the web. Sections on knot tying, mathematical knot theory, knot art, and knot books.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 17:12:18 CET (http://legacy.earlham.edu/~peters/knotlink.htm)
A Circular History of Knot Theory
Starting with the flawed theory of Kelvin's knotted vortex to the work of Thurston, Jones and Witten, knot theory has circled back to its ancestral origins of theoretical physics.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 17:12:20 CET (http://www.buffalo.edu/cas/math.html)
Geometry and the Imagination
Has a small section on knot theory at an introductory level. Also has sections on orbifolds, polyhedra and topology.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 17:12:24 CET (https://math.dartmouth.edu//~doyle/docs/gi/gi/gi.html)
New Knot Tables
Covers families of knots of p, pq, p1q, p11q, p111q, pqr, pq1r types. Explains properties and notations. Includes diagram photos.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 17:12:29 CET (http://vismath7.tripod.com/knotab)
A Third Year Lecture Course on Knots
Includes examples, solutions, knot tables, pretty pictures. Course material includes: colouring, Alexander and Jones polynomials, tangles and braids.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 17:12:33 CET (http://homepages.warwick.ac.uk/~maaac/MA3F2-page.html)