"Physics is the study and application of the fundamental laws of nature, including the laws of motion, gravity, electromagnetism, heat, and microscopic interactions. These laws govern the behavior of objects at all scales, from the smallest subatomic particles to the entire observable universe. In between, physicists study nuclear reactions, the interactions of atoms with light, properties of solids, chaotic dynamics of fluids, and the evolution of stars and galaxies, among many other applications."
If this doesn't tickle your fancy, there is always the quote from Rutherford: "In science, there is only physics; all the rest is stamp collecting."
- Condensed Matter
- Fluid Mechanics and Dynamics
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Physics and Astronomy Classification Scheme (PACS) Hierarchical numbering scheme, developed by the American Institute of Physics, used to identify fields and sub-fields of physics.
- Physics.org Searchable database of physics resources from the Institute of Physics which matches a person's question, age and knowledge profile to handpicked sites. Also includes the Physics Life animation.
- Physics on MathPages Articles, leaning towards a mathematical description, on a wide range of topics in physics.
- The Net Advance of Physics MIT resource providing discussions at various levels of sophistication that cover all areas of physics.
- Eric Weisstein's Treasure Trove of Physics Online encyclopedia of physics terms and formulas. Full searchable, and also browsable alphabetically and by topic. Part of Eric's Treasure Troves of Science.
- PhysLINK Links to physics departments, physical societies, journals, job information, and other physics related information.
- Physics Post A tutorial and article driven community. Votes, science news and a discussion forum.
- Physics Central A page on modern physics, such as quantum mechanics and black holes, and some mathematics.
- World Year of Physics 2005 International effort to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Miraculous Year (1905) and raise public awareness of physics.
- Physics Today News, feature articles, reviews, obituaries, and other items from the monthly magazine for the physics community.
- Physnet: The Physics Departments and Documents Network Serves information from physics departments and institutes worldwide: departmental information, locally stored documents, authoring tools, free access journals, jobs, conferences and education material.
The flagship publication of the American Institute of Physics (AIP). Provides feature articles, news stories, analyses, book and product reviews, a searchable job database, and obituaries.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 17:24:07 CET (http://www.scitation.org/content/aip/magazine/physicstoday)
Other languages 36
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Bosanski (Bosnian)
- Català (Catalan)
- Chinese Simplified
- Chinese Traditional (Chinese)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Deutsch (German)
- Español (Spanish)
- Français (French)
- Hrvatski (Croatian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- Lietuvių (Lithuanian)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- Persian (Farsi)
- Polski (Polish)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Română (Romanian)
- Slovensky (Slovak)
- Srpski (Serbian)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Tiếng Việt
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- Česky (Czech)