"Science in Society" focuses on the interaction of science and technology with the broader society. Potential topics include (but are not limited to) policy about science and technology, ethics in science and technology, representation of various societal groups in the scientific endeavor, applications of science in law, speculations about future science and technology, and the misuse (or proper use) of science in commerce and public discourse.
- Animal Experimentation
- Ethics in Science and Technology
- Forensic Science
- Free Access to Scientific Research
- History of Science
- Humor about Science
- Philosophy of Science
- Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- Research Ethics
- Science and Religion
- Science and Technology Policy
- Scientific Illustration
- Skeptical Inquiry
- Sports Science
Related categories 6
Loading new listings for you to review...
- RiskWorld Resources on risk assessment and risk management in medicine, environment, and society at large.
- House Committee on Science and Technology Information about the work of this committee of the US House of Representatives.
- International Society for the Systems Sciences Professional society for those interested in understanding and interacting systemically with reality. Emphasizing system-level approaches to evolution of and applications of science in society.
- The Engines of Our Ingenuity Transcripts of a radio program exploring technology and culture.
- W3C Technology & Society Domain Concentrating on issues that arise from applications of Web technology, and devoting significant resources to international public policy issues.
- Institute of Science in Society Membership organization in the UK, offering news articles, mailing lists, and membership information.
- Voice of the Shuttle (VOS) An annotated guide to online resources that respects the established humanities disciplines in their professional organization and points toward the transformation of those disciplines as they interact with the sciences and social sciences.
- Cienciateca.com: Scientists Popularizing Science Collection of articles covering science, technology, and society. Includes stories on evolution, industrial chemicals, energy, and materials.
- Hybrid Vigor Institute Educational organization created to facilitate the exchange and cultivation of interest in interdisciplinary science research. Publications and details of forthcoming conferences.
- Negrotti, Massimo Director of the Lab for the Culture of the Artificial, University of Urbino, Italy. Page includes books, research interests, music and photos.
- The Canadian Science and Innovation Indicators Consortium (CSIIC) Researches bibliometrics and other quantitative measures of scientific work for use in public and private decision making.
- Science For People Essays, reviews, and other opinion pieces presenting scientific and science policy topics without the jargon.
- The New Atlantis: A Journal of Technology and Society A quarterly journal devoted to science and technology issues and their relation to social and political affairs
- Virtual Society? Program funded by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) to study the change in social interactions with new electronic technologies.
- Panel on Public Affairs of the American Physical Society in-depth studies on topics ranging from energy and environment to national security issues.
- IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology Addressing such issues as environmental, health and safety implications of technology, engineering ethics and professional responsibility.
- American Physical Society Statements Discussion on ethics and values, education, human rights, and national policy, from a physics perspective.
- Biosociety Provides information on European Union socio-economic research in the life sciences. Features information on research areas, databases, and general aims, as well as discussion forum, networks, and related links.
- Forum on Physics and Society Division of the American Physical Society for discussion of science and society issues.
- Physics and Society Quarterly newsletter; articles on nuclear proliferation, nuclear power and energy policy.
- The Society for Social Studies of Science (4S) A scholarly association devoted to studying science, technology and society.
- Science Commons An exploratory project to apply the philosophies and activities of Creative Commons in the realm of science. Science Commons works in three project areas: Publishing, Licensing, and Data.
- World Conference on Science Final reports from the international conference, addressing many aspects of the place of science in society, including ethics, science and technology in economic development, and environmental and economic issues.
- Science in Society The blog of Science and Society, Princeton University’s undergraduate journal of science, ethics and policy. Aims to inform citizens about the promises and challenges of science in the 21st century.
- What's New by Bob Park Newsletter covering science related to politics and policy, compiled by physics professor Bob Park. Includes a searchable archive going back to 1987.
- Sense About Science A UK-based charitable trust to encourage an evidence-based approach to scientific and technological developments. Information and briefing documents about particular issues, along with details of how to get involved.
- Stemistry Stemistry is a creative writing and sci-art project for people interested in stem cell research and associated ethical issues
- Institute for Regulatory Science Seeks to ensure that the decisions of Congress, regulatory agencies, and the courts are based on the best available scientific information.
This project by the British Science Museum and other museums brings together images and viewpoints to create insights into science and culture.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 19:06:00 CET (http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20170405142415/http:/www.ingenious.org.uk/)
Belgian Biosafety Server
Focusing on scientific and regulatory aspects of biosafety, with regard to human activities carried out using pathogenic or genetically-modified organisms.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 19:06:06 CET (http://www.biosafety.be/)
House Science and Technology Committee
The science committee in the 110th congress, chaired by Bart Gordon.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 19:06:20 CET (http://democrats.science.house.gov/)
EMBL: Science and Society
This initiative at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory aims to promote a better understanding of the growing social and cultural relevance of the life sciences.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 19:06:34 CET (https://www.embl.de/aboutus/science_society)