Sites and articles relating to the Sokal affair, the book "Higher Superstition: The Academic Left and Its Quarrels With Science" by Gross and Levitt, and related arguments between scientists and post-modernists.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Debunking the Conventional Wisdom About the Science Wars Essays by mathematician Gabriel Stolzenberg arguing that allegations made by Alan Sokal and others of relativist and postmodernist 'science-abuse' in the humanities and social sciences are based largely on hostile misreadings and pop metaphysics.
- What the Social Text Affair Does and Does Not Prove Article by Alan Sokal.
- The Bogdanoff Affair John Baez' take on this "reverse Sokal" hoax, where meaningless papers were published in physics journals. This may or may not have actually been intended as a hoax.
- VIDEA conference abstract hoax Giberrish abstracts prepared and accepted for a technical conference on computer visualization, 1995.
- The Sokal Hoax: At Whom Are We Laughing? Analysis of some of the statements of prominent physicists drawing analogies between physics concepts and societal and philosophical issues. Suggests that physicists don't entirely have their own house in order.
- Alan Sokal on the "Social Text Affair" Read all about the hoax in which Sokal submitted a bogus article to a humanities journal, including the article, the aftermath, and his motivation.