Web sites related to the scientific study of stone tools and lithic technology.
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- The Lithics Site Extensive listing of links to information and resources of interest to lithic analysts and other archaeologists, maintained by Hugh W. Jarvis, University at Buffalo.
- The Dirt Brothers Collections of thousands of pictures of arrowheads and other lithics, mainly from Texas.
- Neil's Texas Indian Artifacts Arrowheads and Stone Age tools. Archaic flint knives, axes, and spear points.
- Oklahoma Stone Tools and Arrowheads Photographs of arrowheads and other artifacts from Northeastern Oklahoma.
- FlintSource Searchable database of samples of flint and other siliceous raw materials collected by Rengert Elburg and Paul van der Kroft in Central Europe. Search by location or type.
- Embeddedness of Lithic Technology An article by Leland C. Bement that describes using stone tools to reconstruct Folsom mobility and subsistence practices on the Southern Plains.
- Southern Ontario Projectile Points An illustrated typology with artifact descriptions presented by the London Chapter of the Ontario Archaeological Society.
- Digital Crabtree Paper presenting a computer simulation of Folsom fluting. By Tony Baker.
- Lithic Casting Lab.Com Sells casts and pictures of projectile points.
- Gunner Jim's Arrowheads Pictures of a personal collection of arrowheads, spear points, and stone tools, found while surface artifact hunting in Middle and West Tennessee.
- Finding Arrowheads A basic guide to arrowhead hunting.
- Archaeological Guide to Chert Types of East-Central Illinois Identification guide to the types of chert exploited by the prehistoric people of east-central Illinois. By Lenville J. Stelle and Thomas Duggan.
- Indie's Page O' Points Collection of points from Texas.
- Arrowhead Museum Provides an online gallery of lithics and hand tools, and offers identification, authentication and consulting services.
- Arrowheadology Dedicated to the study of arrowheads, Indian artifacts and early man. Includes forums, galleries, a trading post and archives.
- Projectile Point Types: Neverending Draft Bibliography Compiled by Michael Pfeiffer.
Photographs of a personal collection of stone tools from Arizona and Texas.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 20:43:30 CET (http://arroweb1.tripod.com)