Cartography is the science and art of map making. Here you should find information and resources related to the process of making maps.
Related categories 6
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Sabed Multifunctional online atlas, specially made for the last years of elementary school and the first years of secondary education. In Dutch, English, Spanish, French and Portuguese.
- Terrain Map.com The purpose of this web page is to assemble, organize, and present digital information about the earth's land surface of use to outdoor enthusiasts.
- Harvard Map Collection: USGS Legend Scans from 'Standard Symbols Adopted by The Board of Surveys and Maps, United States of America' (1932).
- Ordnance Survey Maps and mapping for Great Britain, with free mapping and services together with information on digital and paper mapping products and other aspects of cartography
- Ordnance Survey Ireland The Irish national mapping agency.
- The United States Army Corps of Engineers The USACE is responsible for investigating, developing and maintaining the nation's water and related environmental resources. A great source for hydrographic information.
- International Cartographic Association To promote the discipline and profession of cartography in an international context.
- The National Geographic Society Explore National Geographic Online. A world leader in geography, cartography and exploration.
- Maps of the World Digital royalty-free maps covering the entire contemporary world. Maps fully modifiable in programs like Adobe Illustrator.
- Solid Terrain Modeling STM creates physical 3D terrain models from digital data.
- PDF Map Source The site is a growing collection of pdf maps. The pdf maps are free for personal use.
- LLEK Bookmarks Scientific Search Engines - Cartography/GIS/Remote Sensing A comprehensive catalog of scientific resources and media worldwide but especially in German and English: Directories of Cartography Journals; Cartography-related catalogs of scientific search engines;additional starting points and sites of special interest.
- Learn2Map GIS tutorial, free maps, free GIS program.
- Map History / History of Cartography Tony Campbell's tightly organized global overview of the subject's resources, activities and opportunities, with leads to the collecting of old and early maps and thousands of links.
- ChoroWare A tool designed to help cartographers and map users find class intervals for choropleth mapping.
- Map Projections Collection of printable map projections organized by type.
- Cartographica Helvetica Journal for the history of cartography. The site includes a complete table of contents, English and German summaries and an author index.
- World Places Offers Google satellite and 3D maps of countries and places all over the World.
- Earth Resources Observation Systems (EROS) The Earth Resources Observation Systems (EROS) Data Center (EDC) is a data management, systems development, and research field center for the U.S. Geological Survey's (USGS) National Mapping Division.
- Elements of a Map Cartographic elements of a map layout explained. Find out the required and suggested elements that make up a map layout.
- Area Cartogram Maps Explored Explanation of area cartograms maps including examples of contiguous, non-contiguous, and Dorling cartograms.
- Exciting Cartography A blog that highlights a new interesting map each day. Run by a Geography college student interested in Geographic Information Systems.
- National Geographic - Mapping Interactive map, outline maps, satellite imagery, and how to interact with and create your own maps.
Maps of countries, cities and other places from all around the World. Specially prepared for computer printers, it is possible to change the map size, orientation and details.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-11 22:10:10 CET (http://www.takemaps.com/en/)