Sites in this category are related to Social Research Methodology: the methods, techniques, and technology employed by social scientists in the advance of their fields.
Related categories 5
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Max Weber's Approach to Objectivity in Social Science This essay, by Steve Hoenisch, seeks to shed light on Weber's view of the applicability of objectivity by attempting to answer the overarching question that sits at the foundation of his approach: Was Weber an advocate of value-free social science?
- Latent Semantic Analysis A mathematical/statistical technique for extracting and representing the similarity of meaning of words and passages by analysis of large bodies of text.
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research: Conjunctions and Divergences Discusses the logic of relating qualitative and quantitative methods, different approaches for inter-relating them, and innovative applications of methodological inter-relation.
- Resources for Methods in Evaluation and Social Research Links to free resources for methods in social science research.
- RM Institute - Research Methods Knowledge The knowledge base of social science research methods. It focuses on measurements and modeling issues.
- META Magazine Research Research about methods and techniques on problem solving, acquiring knowledge, classification of information, education, and positive creative management skills.
- Measuring Paradoxical Reality An alternative way to assess subject condition in social sciences.
- The Web Center for Social Research Methods Resources for applied social research and evaluation including a complete online research methods text, course resources, and researcher tools.
- Semac -- Semantic Analysis Software The concept of semantic activity that is claimed to proceed as well from single words as from word co-occurrences. This equalization rests upon graph theory.
- Vytvorology Vytvorology, which is an exact science of human processes, offers new, acute and reliable research possibilities in this field of human and social processes.
- General Semantics A critical analysis of the theoretical foundations of Korzybski's general semantics featuring many papers, commentary, and discussions.
- The Bell Curve: Anatomy of an Analysis The interpretations proffered in Herrnstein and Murray's book, "The Bell Curve", are not supported by reanalysis of their data.
- United Kingdom Evaluation Society Member of the Academy of Social Sciences. Describes goals, membership, activities and upcoming events. Located in Hertfordshire.
- Cross-impact Balance Analysis CIB is a highly flexible cross-impact method used in scenario analysis to analyse the interactions of events, trends, or states in social systems. In English and German.
- Center for Sociocybernetics Studies, Bonn Sociocybernetics is the application of systems thinking and cybernetic principles in sociology and other social sciences in order to analyse social phenomena regarding their complexity and dynamics.