Metrology is the scientific study of measurement.
Legal metrology is the part of metrology where regulations are implemented in order to ensure an appropriate level of credibility in measurement results, whenever conflicting interests exist, or when incorrect measurement results may adversely affect individuals or society itself.
- (Not to be confused with Meteorology:
- the study of the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere, especially as a means of forecasting the weather.)
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Metrology Metro's Metric Links Resources for metrological and calibratory information, both US and SI, including quiz, events, books, jobs and contacts for sponsors and advertisers in Renfrew, Pennsylvania.
- Internet Resource for the International Temperature Scale of 1990 Scales and supplementary information for metrologists, scientists, calibration engineers, and those with an interest in its measurement. Includes uncertainty calculator software for download from the UK.
- Quantum Candela: European Metrology Research Programme (EMRP) International project working towards the reformulation of the SI base unit the candela in terms of photon number.