Prospecting is the act of searching for valuable metals in either bearing veins, or placer gravels, which have been eroded from the original vein in which they were formed. If sufficient amounts are found via prospecting, then mining can begin to extract them.
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Gold Miners HQ Directory of information about publications, equipment, clubs, and properties for sale.
- ICMJ's Prospecting and Mining Journal Covers dredging, mining, metal detecting, prospecting for gold. Published monthly since 1931.
- DocCopper's Gold Prospecting Information, links and books for the recreational gold prospector.
- Stratamodel Inc. Serves the construction, environmental, and mining industries. Provides geologic services include geochemical and soil gas surveys, field mapping, digital cartography, wireline borehole logging, groundwater investigations, GIS and database construction.
- Exploring for Copper Deposits Explains the basic prospecting fundamentals needed to identify a viable copper deposit.
- Gold Getter News Learn about prospecting. Includes detailed information and video clips on various techniques used in the recovery of gold.
- Prospecting: The Search for New Gold Blog providing information, discussions and opinions relating to gold and other valuable minerals. The theme is focused on commercial and recreational prospecting, exploration, mining and investing in mineral commodities.
- Junior Miners Lists junior mining companies, both public and private. Also contractors, drillers, associations and clubs. Has a classified ad section for mining equipment and properties.
- Alluvial Gold Prospectors Australia Online recreational gold prospecting and fossicking forum. Registration required to participate.