Human edited web directory based on the DMOZ data. To find out more about this project please use the top main menu.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- The Forgiveness Project Grassroots organisation working in conflict resolution, reconciliation and victim support. Features stories of forgiveness, news, and community involvement.
- Irish Network for Nonviolent Action Training and Education (INNATE) Umbrella group to support groups and individuals exploring nonviolent approaches to conflict issues. Operates mainly in Northern Ireland, with a particular concentration in Belfast and associated groups in Belfast, Derry, Cork and Dublin. Includes background, news, and resources.
- Deep Humanity Institute Creates workshops in community building, peacemaking and personal development in schools, workplace, and community environments. Provides a brief overview, founders' biographies, and programs offered.
- New York Metropolitan Martin Luther King, Jr. Center for Non-Violence Dedicated to King and his vision of a "Beloved Community" free of racism, violence, and poverty. Operates charter school, leadership workshops, and outreach programs that utilize Dr. King's philosophy and methodologies. Mission, programs, and mailing lists.
- The Peace Center Works for community peace and social justice. Provides a list of programs in the community, links to resources, and associated local organizations and events. Based in Langhorne, Pennsylvania.
- Resource Center for Nonviolence Promoting nonviolent social change locally and internationally. Based in Santa Cruz county, California.
- Medical Association for Prevention of War, MAPW Australia Australian affiliate of International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War (IPPNW). Find newsletter, calendar, and current actions.
- Karuna Center for Peacebuilding Offers training programs in conflict prevention, transformation and management, with a special focus on inter-communal dialogue and reconciliation. Goals, newsletter, publications, and programs.
- Peace Learning Center A proactive force for transformation and positive change in the community through holistic peace education initiatives that enhance respect for self, others, and the environment.
- Fellowship of Reconciliation Sponsors conferences to educate and train nonviolent protesters. Opinion articles, group background, program and event descriptions, related links.
- Center for Nonviolent Communication Global organization helping people compassionately connect with one another through Nonviolent Communication, a process created by Marshall B Rosenberg, PhD. Training events, resources, program background, and contact information.
- Listening Project: Rural Southern Voice for Peace Organizing tool for nonviolent social change, especially useful in communities where conflict and disempowerment weakens efforts toward community development, justice, peace, or protecting the environment. Background, process, and application for training.
- Pikes Peak Justice and Peace Commission Facilitates growth toward justice and peace in themselves and others in the Pikes Peak community by providing alternative sources of information, facilitating formative experiences, and encouraging prophetic witness. Includes calendar of workshops and events, volunteer opportunities, and membership information.
- The Albert Einstein Institution Nonprofit organization advancing the study and use of strategic nonviolent action in conflicts throughout the world. Downloadable manuals and pamphlets in English, Spanish and Farsi.
- International Center on Nonviolent Conflict Advocates and promotes the use of nonviolent means to wage social and political conflict.
- Flagstaff Center for Compassionate Communication Teaches the process of Nonviolent Communication, which strengthens the ability of people to connect compassionately with themselves and others, share resources, and resolve conflicts. Includes training and retreat schedule, newsletter, and contact information.
- Oregon Network for Compassionate Communication Non-profit group provides resources for learning and practicing nonviolent communication and conflict resolution skills through educational events, community-building, and support. Includes news, workshop schedule, and presenter profiles.
- World Peace Society of Australia Group focusing on non-violence and inner peace for lasting world peace. Find peace education material for schools, alternative US presidential election, art, and poetry for peace.
- World Peace Events Calendar Calendar of events for world peace and inner peace. Find actions in Australia and the rest of the world, with maps and directions.
- Jonah House Faith based community organizing nonviolent resistance to warmaking and support for Plowshares actions.
- Public Listening Project Provides information and training to people interested in using listening to help others explore attitudes towards the war in Iraq.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) - Humanitarian Assistance Programs
A nonprofit organization committed to relieving human suffering and breaking the cycle of violence. Provides an overview, initiatives, and training information. Provides related links and post 9-11 work.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 06:56:20 CET (http://www.emdrhap.org/content/)
International group encouraging nonviolent methods to bring about changes reflecting the values of justice and human development.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 06:56:54 CET (http://nonviolenceinternational.net/wp/)
The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation
A resource for people committed to spreading kindness. Freely provides a wide variety of materials, including activity ideas, lesson plans, project plans, teacher's guide, project planning guide, publicity guide, and workplace resources.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 06:56:56 CET (https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/)