National and international organizations serving people with general disabilities or a range of disabilities.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Disabled Hellas Produces and distributes information to empower Greeks with disabilities with the appropriate technical knowledge and skills to manage their needs and to reconstruct their lives. Collection of disability and rehabilitation related articles and books in Greek language.
- American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD) An international association that promotes progressive policies, sound research, effective practices, and universal human rights for people with intellectual disabilities.
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Information to aid in the understanding and treatment of the developmental, behavioral, and mental disorders that affect children and adolescents.
- Abilities Network Organization dedicated to assisting individuals of all abilities and their families in achieving their personal goals and in reaching their maximum potential.
- NorthEast Passages A program designed to improve access, independence, and quality of life for individuals with disabilities. Provide recreation possibilities that offer mastery over physical skills and provide a means to access sports and recreation and reduce stress.
- Interwork Institute Focuses on promoting the integration of all individuals, including those with disabilities, into all aspects of education, work, family, and community life.
- Equal Ability Ltd Providing consulting, training and other resources to organizations wishing to understand their responsibilities under the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
- National Association of Societies for the Care of the Handicapped (NASCOH) The umbrella body for organisations of and for people living with disabilities in Zimbabwe.
- Easter Seals Nonprofit, community-based health agency dedicated to helping children and adults with disabilities attain greater independence. Features news, information on services, volunteer and job opportunities.
- Association of University Centers on Disabilities A network of interdisciplinary centers advancing policy and practice for and with individuals with developmental and other disabilities, their families, and communities.
- Enable New Zealand Providing information services, disability equipment, suppliers, as well as research and links to related web sites.
- Mobility International USA (MIUSA) Empowers people with disabilities around the world through international exchange, information, technical assistance and training, and to ensure the inclusion of people with disabilities in international exchange and development programs.
- National Benevolent Association Provides care and services to abused and neglected children, older adults, people with developmental disabilities, and other persons in need. Division of Social and Health Services of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
- Disability Organizations Network On-line Database Lists organizations for joint projects, traineeships, study visits, international conferences, research projects, and funding.
- Enable Ireland Works to enable people with physical disabilities to achieve maximum independence, choice and inclusion in their communities.
- Danny's Team An all volunteer nonprofit organization devoted to aiding people with disabilities and who are also in need.
- UCP Wheels for Humanity Restores and distributes used wheelchairs and provides training on crucial issues for people with disabilities in Ukraine.
- World Institute on Disability Dedicated to promoting independence and societal inclusion of people with disabilities. Includes publications, programs and events.
- Lifeways A United Kingdom national provider of individually tailored services, including supported living, respite and residential care, and community support, for adults with diverse and complex special needs or disabilities.
- Return 2 Work Providing education training and placement to disabled Americans to allow them to return to work.
- Spectrum A not-for-profit association assisting people with disabilities so they can live fully integrated lives in their own communities. Based in the northern suburb of Lawnton, Queensland, Australia.
- Disability Support Pensioners Australia Inc. Seeks to bring awareness of how vulnerable young pensioners are abused within society. Offers mission and description of efforts, petition, sponsors, and related links.
- Leonard Cheshire Disability A charity that supports the disabled in the United Kingdom as well as internationally. Features newsletter sign up, details on how to get involved and history.
- Learning Ally Provide help to blind, dyslexic and visually impaired students. Includes programs, ways to help, leadership and success stories.
- The Council on Quality and Leadership Providing training, and consultation to human service organizations. Publications, resources, conference information, news, research, service descriptions, and newsletters.
- Orthotic & Prosthetic Activities Foundation Enables individuals with physical disabilities - especially those served by members of the orthotics and prosthetics community to enjoy the rewards of personal achievement, physical fitness, and social interaction.
- PAVE Parent-directed organization that exists to increase independence, empowerment, and future opportunities for consumers with special needs, their families and communities, through training, information, referral and support.
- Disability Rights New York Protects and advances the rights of adults and children who have disabilities so that they can freely exercise their own life choices. Includes a list of active programs. New York based.