Human edited web directory based on the DMOZ data. To find out more about this project please use the top main menu.
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Association of Professional Futurists A community of professional futurists committed to leadership and excellence in the futures field.
- World Future Society For people interested in how social and technological developments are shaping the future. Futurist forecasts, interviews, publications, upcoming events, and organization information.
- Foresight Institute "The non-profit Foresight Institute focuses its efforts on nanotechnology, the coming ability to build materials and products with atomic precision, and systems that will enhance knowledge exchange and critical discussion, thus improving public and private policy decisions."
- The Interstellar Panspermia Society Dedicated to promoting the future of life in space by directed panspermia missions.
- World Resources Institute Non-profit global research organization that works closely with leaders to turn big ideas into action to sustain a healthy environment; resources available online include essays, research reports, and presentations.
- The Club of Rome International think tank composed of prominent intellectuals and decision-makers analyzing global, interlinked, long-term problems challenging the future of humanity and the planet using systems analysis and futures research; site offers reports, upcoming events, a forum, and links to further resources.
- The Long Now Foundation A project of computer pioneer Daniel Hillis and Whole Earth founder Stewart Brand to develop a 10,000 year clock. This is long-term project that gets people thinking past the mental barrier of the Millennium.
- New Civilization Network A network of people, projects and ideas for building a world that works.
- The Mother's Service Society, Pondicherry, India Social science research institute which has done extensive research in such areas as social development theory, economics, management, peace and governance, the future of money, the future role of the Internet, the future of science, the future World Army, and the Global Century.
- Institute for Alternative Futures Nonprofit research and educational organization specializing in aiding organizations and individuals to more wisely choose and create their preferred futures.
- The Digital Exploration Society - DEX Multimedia authoring from remote, natural places allows children and adults to understand how to express themselves in the new media world of global digital communication.
- World-Information.org Organization explores implications of new information and communication technologies. Includes press releases, information on events and exhibits, and links to related resources.
- Craig Research Labs A private sector scientific research firm, existing to accelerate the technological development of the human race.
- World Futures Studies Federation A professional society of futures researchers, academics, consultants, and their affiliated organizations. Includes activities, events, newsletter (and archives), membership directory, and members-only sections (fee required to join).
- The Centre for Future Studies Futures think tank focused on future trends and their impacts for applications including product development, strategy formulation, marketing communications, customer relationship management; trends analyses, scenarios and predictions, upcoming events, and discussion forum.
- Frontier Organizations on the Web - A list of organizations engaged in frontier and visionary work such as future studies, philosophy, personal and social liberation, and advanced technology
- World Space League Primary Objective: To establish a World Wide Network of people who believe that Space Business / Travel /Education should be available to all people regardless of age, race, religion and income.
- Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies A nonprofit organization in the United States seeking to contribute to the understanding of the impact of emerging technologies on individuals and societies.
- The Calousian Association A membership organization of those wanting to help the humanity in reaching Calousia, the humanity's state of high-capacity existence.
- Shaping Tomorrow Helps people and organizations better anticipate and respond to upcoming change through research and programs that review critical uncertainties, challenges and trends.
- New Environment Association Background and current activities directed toward achieving a sustainable world that is supportive of all human beings.
- The Millennium Project Think tank of futurists, scholars, business planners, and policy makers.
- Institute for Prospective Technological Studies (IPTS) One of the eight Research Institutes of the European Commission (EC), the IPTS organizes regional foresight studies on science and technology to inform political and economic decision-makers.
- Foresight for the European Research Area (FORERA) Foresight provides a framework for a group of people concerned with an issue at stake, such as future of EU manufacturing, research and development and innovation priorities, transport and mobility.
- DaVinci Institute Comprised of over 150 scientists, researchers, and futurists located across the United States, its goal being to track emerging technologies and speculate about future inventions.
- Future 25 The international branch of the German registered society `Zukunft 25 e.V.' which is dedicated to promoting thinking and acting in long time spans.