We welcome links related to Corporate Operations which (1) Generate concerns about its effect upon Society, (2) which raise concerns about corporation's effects on society or her issues, and (3) seek to address or enlighten the public about corporate operations.
Why? Because corporations, especially multinational ones, have become so powerful.
Therefore, even ones which wish to exercise no harm, may still do so.
This category is intended to go beyond verbalizations to include "other senses," such as murals, dramatizations, and any effective communication about or within the realm of Corporate Operations.
Sites devoted to promotion of Corporations may be included only to the extent that they are relevant to addressing the topic here.Activist information about Corporate Operations may be included. We seek balance and fairness. We wish to hear from all points of view. As sites submitted to Society/Issues/Corporate Operations enlarges, we expect to have sub categories on Nonprofits, Nationalization, Multinationals, Overcharging, and so on.
Related categories 4
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Business & Human Rights Resource Centre Covers over 1000 companies, over 160 countries, over 150 topics. The site is composed of links to a wide range of materials published by companies, NGOs, governments, intergovernmental organisations, journalists, academics, etc. It includes reports of corporate misconduct as well as positive examples of "best practice" by companies.
- Fair Trade Federation FTF is an association of businesses committed to providing fair wages and good employment opportunities to economically disadvantaged artisans and farmers worldwide. Standards are relevant to corporate operations.
- The Cluetrain Manifesto Corporate activists seeking to put a human touch back into the corporate world through the use of technology.
- The Fairtrade Foundation Seeks to tackle the exploitation of workers in developing countries by giving consumers the opportunity to buy products that guarantee a better deal to producers. Information resources and a report on coffee farmers and international trade.
- Joho the Blog David Weinberger weblog talks about the Internet, online communities, his book "Everything Is Miscellaneous," and occasionally politics.
- Transparency International International coalition against corruption in international business transactions and seeking increased government accountability.
- Expose of The Bilderberg Club "...somebody has to take governments' place, and business seems to me to be a logical entity to do it." - David Rockefeller
- XAT Peaceful Revolution Network A barter organization uses XAT units as an alternative to money to purchase goods and services. Writings on the history of money and a Journey guide.
- Multinational Monitor Tracks corporate activity, especially in the Third World, focusing on the export of hazardous substances, worker health and safety, labor union issues and the environment.
- undesign - a plan for all seasons Reflections on the wisdom of Tibor Kalman, social responsibility, and a designer's role in the digital age.
- The One and Only Anti-Music Industry Website Analyzes, examines, and exposes what it calls "the tasteless and evil practices of the music industry".
- B Corporation Provides a framework and certification for companies wishing to benefit society as well as their shareholders.
- Robert A. G. Monks This former corporate insider and former Maine-based U.S. Congressman has written several insightful looks at how corporations' operations may be inherently destructive to the environment, human beings, and our rights with ideas on improving the situation.
- Harvard Business School - U.S. Competitiveness Research-led project to understand and improve the competitiveness of the United States: the ability of firms operating in the U.S. to compete successfully in the global economy while supporting high and rising living standards for Americans.
- Students against Lethality Subscription page of Students for Change, permits networking with other activists on businesses affecting Human Rights.
- Democracy Watch An Ottawa-based non-profit, non-partisan citizen advocacy organization that focuses on democratic reform and government and corporate accountability in Canada.
Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard Law School
Weblog addresses issues such as intellectual property, anti-trust actions, and recording industry policies.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 19:10:29 CET (https://cyber.harvard.edu/)
iMedia Connection: How's Your Reputation?
Article suggests that actively managing what search engines say about your business can head off costly attacks.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 19:10:44 CET (/articles/ported-articles/red-dot-articles/2004/apr/hows-your-reputation/)