Please see the many subcategories of Children here in Society/Issues.
- Child Slavery
- Child Soldiers
- Child Support
- Childfree Living
- Corporal Punishment
- Divorce and Children
- Educational Issues
- Family Violence
- Foster Care
- Gay Marriage
- Grandparent Rights
- Internet Safety
- Parents' Rights
- Prenatal Rights
Related categories 8
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Childstats.gov Provides statistical reports on the status of U.S. children and their families, including population, family characteristics, economic security, health, environment, education. From the Federal Interagency Forum on Child and Family Statistics.
- Kids First! Evaluates, rates, and endorses video, film, software, and other media products designed for children using a volunteer, community-based jury comprising professionals, teachers, parents, and children. Reviews, articles, and newsletter.
- Chapin Hall Center for Children A research center located at the University of Chicago that informs policymakers, service providers, and administrators on issues affecting the well being of children. Projects, publications, and newsletter.
- The Children's Society A UK based organization that assists street children, disabled children, young refugees, and children in trouble with the law. News, events, and donation and volunteer information.
- Child Welfare Information Gateway A service of the Children's Bureau, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Provides access to print and electronic publications, websites, and online databases on topics such as child welfare, child abuse and neglect, adoption, and search and reunion.
- Parents Helping Parents Free and ongoing support groups throughout Massachusetts for parents, or other adults in a parenting role, who feel isolated, overwhelmed, or afraid of their anger towards their children. Parent stories, group locations, and volunteer and donation opportunities.
- Working With Children Checks Explains the compulsory screening system in Western Australia, and the legislation on which it is based. Also provides forms, factsheets and FAQ.
- American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences Works to improve the quality and standards of individual and family life through programs that educate, influence public policy, disseminate information and publish research findings.
- Childwelfare.com Provides publications and data at the state and national level on adoption, child abuse, welfare reform, foster care, and child poverty.
- Deliver The Dream A respite and retreat program that serves families facing serious illness or crisis by helping them to enhance coping skills, reduce stress and cultivate relationships. Press releases, newsletter, information on retreat weekends, and volunteer opportunities.
- Children's Partnership Undertakes research and policy analysis, publishes reports and multimedia materials, and forges new alliances among parents, policymakers and the private sector to achieve tangible gains for children.
- The Future of Children Online publication by the David and Lucile Packard Foundation whose primary purpose is to disseminate timely information on major issues related to children's well-being.
- Youth On Track American Freedom Assembly is a non-profit corporation concerned for today's youth. The founder travels across the country speaking to America's youth at schools, camps and churches. The site also provides a newsletter and a speaking schedule.
- Center for the Study of Natural Systems and the Family Provides educational programs and information on Bowen theory and the study of family systems. Features mission statement, links and newsletter.
- Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth A national collaboration of researchers, policy makers and practitioners devoted to building a better future for Australia's children and young people. Programs, publications, and media centre.
- YouthAction Net Provides a virtual community for young leaders. Discussion forum, virtual library, events, and profiles of young leaders around the globe.
- Thrasher Research Fund - Research in Children's Health A private organization that finances practical, applied pediatric health research and demonstration projects. Grant and contact information.
- Embracing the Child Provides children's books and other reading material to organizations that serve at-risk children such as safe houses, foster care facilities, and emergency shelters.
- Social Capital Partners Invests in and incubates revenue-generating social enterprises that employ at-risk youth and other populations outside the economic mainstream in Canada.
- Local Investment Commission An effort by the state of Missouri to work with citizens, businesses, and civic and labor leaders to improve the lives of children and families in Kansas City and Jackson County. Initiatives, news, and data.
- Who's Minding the Children? Essays about parenting and childcare, and about society's treatment of important issues that affect children.
- MissouriFamilies Affiliated with the University of Missouri at Columbia, the site provides information on health, nutrition, finances, housing, divorce, parenting, and childcare. Articles, quick answers, workshops, and newsletter.
- Middle of Somewhere Web magazine for children of missionary families. Published by students from the American Christian School in Japan.
- Happen Inc. A unique, non-profit organization in Cincinnati, Ohio that helps parents and their children share creative, bonding experiences using art as the medium. Classes, community programs, and volunteer opportunities.
- Brothers and Sisters Offers a Christian perspective and practical tools on building successful relationships between brothers and sisters.
- Ounce of Prevention Fund of Florida A non-profit organization that supports innovative programs that assist at-risk children and their families. Child abuse prevention initiatives, fatherhood programs, Circle of Parents support group, and Healthy Families Florida program.
- Children and Violence Provides resources for researchers and others interested in issues related to violence and children.
- Institute for the Study of Children, Families and Communities Located at Eastern Michigan University, the Institute applies scholarly research and practical expertise to issues such as foster care and child welfare.
- National Child Welfare Resource Center for Organizational Improvement Helps state, county and tribal child welfare agencies improve management, measure outcomes, and make decisions that protect children. Toll-free number, publications, and programs.
- Evaluation and Research Database A UNICEF database that contains evaluations, studies and surveys related to UNICEF programs. Reports can be sorted by country, by region, by theme or by date.
- Promising Practices Network Features programs and practices that credible research indicates are effective in improving outcomes in the areas of child health, child safety, schooling, and family well-being. Sections on proven and promising programs, research in brief, and strengthening service delivery.
- The Comic Book Project A project of Teachers College, Columbia University that engages children in a creative process leading to literacy reinforcement, social awareness, and character development. Student galleries, publications, and news.
- Kidsdata Lists and tracks information on 30 health topics for children in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties in Northern California, and shows comparable California and U.S. data where available.
- Center for the Study of Social Policy Strives to help states and localities implement strategies that strengthen disadvantaged communities and ensure that children grow up healthy, safe, successful in school, and ready for productive adulthood.
- The Child Well-Being Index Produced by Duke University researchers, the Child Well-Being Index is an evidence-based measure of trends over time in the quality of life or well-being of America’s children and young people. Description of index, data, and press information.
- Youth Today A national source for news, views and important developments in the youth service field from a nonprofit organization.
- Center on Media and Child Health Educates children, parents, and the public on media and their effects on the physical, mental, and social health of all children.
- Children's Budget Report A detailed analysis of spending on low-income children's programs in 13 states(1998).
- familyfacts.org Sponsored by the Heritage Foundation, this site presents findings on the family, society and religion from peer-reviewed journals, books and government surveys.
- Monroe County Coalition for Children and Families A West Virginia Family Resource Network. Includes a resource directory, tobacco prevention coalition, and breast cancer awareness.
- The Children's Institute, University of Cape Town Aims to address the needs and rights of South African children through policy research and other academic activities.
- Division of Childhood and Adolescence A focal point for policy development, research, and strategic analysis of trends regarding broad determinants of health regarding children and youth in Canada.
- Churches' Child Protection Advisory Service Resources for child protection, advise and help for those suffering abuse and for those who have a responsibility for children.
- D.A.R.E. Provides children with the information and skills they need to live drug and violence free lives.
- Military OneSource Department of Defense web site providing information on military children and youth issues, programs, initiatives, and military and civilian partnerships.
- Children's Bureau Express An online, monthly digest designed for professionals concerned with child abuse and neglect, child welfare, and adoption.
- Center on Children and the Law Established in 1978, the ABA Center on Children and the Law's mission is to improve children's lives through advances in law, justice, knowledge, practice, and public policy.
- Superu Superu is a government agency that is an advocate for New Zealand families. It funds research, seeks the views of the community, and works to influence government family policy.
- Forum for Youth Investment Seeks to help organizations and individuals in the allied youth fields by providing research, publications, and issue discussions. Resources, news, and the periodic publication Forum Focus.
- Pre-K Now Collaborates with advocates and policymakers in a movement to provide high-quality, voluntary pre-kindergarten education for all three and four year olds.
Losing Generations: Adolescents in High-Risk Settings
Complete text of the book by the Panel on High-Risk Youth, National Research Council.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 19:27:15 CET (http://www.nap.edu/catalog/2113)
Action for Child Protection
A consulting and training organization providing resources and technical assistance to national, state and county child welfare professionals and agencies primarily in the area of child protective services.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 19:27:46 CET (http://action4cp.org/)
The Urban Institute | Adolescents
Current publications and projects on policy issues affecting adolescents from the Urban Institute.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 19:28:08 CET (http://www.urban.org/research-area/children)
The Urban Institute | Family/Parents
Current publications and projects from the Urban Institute on policy issues affecting families/parents.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 19:28:09 CET (http://www.urban.org/research-area/families)