Primarily nonprofit organizations focused on advocacy work for children's safety, rights, wellness or well being.
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Child Care Association of Illinois Dedicated to improving foster care, adoption, special education, juvenile justice, and youth homes in Illinois.
- Federation for Children with Special Needs Resources for parents who care for children with special needs, including links to a nationwide directory of Parent Centers on Disability.
- StandUp For Kids A nationally acclaimed all volunteer nonprofit organization committed to the rescue of homeless and street kids. Working with high risk youth, runaways, children of the night, and throwaways. Twenty outreach program in nine states.
- The Afterschool Alliance An alliance of public, private, and nonprofit groups committed to raising awareness and expanding resources for afterschool programs.
- KidsCounsel: Center for Children's Advocacy The Center, which is affiliated with the University of Connecticut Law School, uses representation, training, legislative advocacy, and consultation to protect the rights of children.
- Terre des Hommes India Programme Sponsored by the Germany office of the child advocacy organization. Site constitutes an interactive and educational platform to defend and protect children's rights as defined by the UNCRC, with case studies, news and opinion articles, activity centre, and downloads.
- Child Rights and You (CRY) Information on the status of children in India and the organization's efforts to provide them food, clothing, shelter, and education.
- Kidscape A registered UK charity committed to keeping children safe from harm or abuse.
- World Vision A leading, international, Christian aid organisation that is working worldwide to bring hope and change to communities in need through our relief and development projects aimed at helping children in developing countries.
- British Columbia Child & Youth Advocacy Movement A coalition of 40 Provincial Organizations and hundreds of community groups who promote legislation, policy and practice that will enable children and youth to achieve their full potential and to participate in making a better world.
- Agenda for Children Seeks to make government work better for children in Louisiana. Child care resources, health insurance initiatives, violence prevention programs, and media notes.
- Westchester Children's Association Strives to improve the lives of children in Westchester County, New York by focusing on improved health care, less gun violence, and better foster care services.
- Association to Benefit Children Children's advocacy group with an array of programs that provide services in education, health, housing, mental health and employment.
- North Carolina Child Advocacy Institute Provides news, reports, and resources on issues affecting the well-being of North Carolina's children. Special emphasis on child abuse, health care, education, and juvenile justice.
- Pennsylvania Partnerships for Children Focuses on the health, early education, and well being of children in Pennsylvania. Legislative updates, publications, calendar, and news.
- Philadelphia Citizens for Children and Youth Seeks greater funding and support for health insurance, education, transportation, and public benefits for children and families in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area. Health care resources, events, and press releases.
- Kids In Common Aims to improve the lives of children and their families in Silicon Valley by developing community partnerships to promote and protect their interests and serving as an advocate on their behalf.
- Children's Advocacy Institute The Institute, which is affiliated with the University of San Diego School of Law, represents the interest of children in legislative, judicial, and administrative matters.
- Children Now A nonpartisan, independent voice for children based in California, working to translate the nation's commitment to children and families into action. Provides articles and resources in the areas of Children and the Media, Talking with Kids, and Working Families.
- The National Mentoring Partnership An organization that promotes, advocates and is a resource for mentors and mentoring initiatives nationwide.
- Colorado Children's Campaign Seeks to improve the health, safety, education, and economic security of children in Colorado. Newsletter, early childhood initiatives, information for the media, and legislative updates.
- Colorado Association of Family and Children's Agencies An association of Colorado nonprofit child welfare agencies advocating on behalf of at-risk children and families.
- Children's Action Alliance Promotes the well being of Arizona's children through advocacy, education, and research. Press releases, fact sheets, legislative agenda, and publications.
- Association for Children of New Jersey A child advocacy organization. Find information about programs, special projects, news, and events.
- World Children's Center A planned community for approximately 500 orphaned, neglected and abused children from Georgia, the United States and the world.
- Maine Children's Alliance A non-profit child advocacy organization dedicated to improving the lives of children, youth, and their families.
- Children First for Oregon Dedicated to the wellbeing of each and every child in Oregon. Includes policy agenda, news, data, and publications.
- Children's Defense Fund--Minnesota Works to provide health coverage for uninsured and underinsured children; affordable child care for working parents; improved, consistent child support; welfare reform that helps low-income families and children; safety for children and reunification for families through reforms to the child welfare system.
- Children's Trust of South Carolina Focuses on the prevention of child abuse, neglect, and injury. Provides training and education for professionals as well as funds, supports, and monitors prevention programs.
- Children's Alliance An advocacy organization dedicated to improving the health, safety, and economic well being of children in Washington state. Offers publications, training opportunities, and resources for advocacy and outreach.
- Massachusetts Citizens for Children Aims to elevate children's issues to the top of the public agenda in Massachusetts. News, hotlines, and projects on preventing child abuse and shaken baby syndrome.
- Michigan's Children Non-profit organization that promotes a strategy of intervening before problems limit a child's potential. Programs, news, publications, and legislative issues.
- Priority Children Aims to improve the quality of life for children and families in Genesee County, Michigan through assessment, public awareness and advocacy. Includes action agenda, statistics, and advocacy opportunities.
- Waypoint Provides advocacy, community leadership, and services for women and their families in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and surrounding areas. Child care, domestic violence prevention, and shelter programs.
- Child and Family Policy Center Uses research to improve state and federal policy regarding children and families. News, publications, Iowa projects, and national projects.
- Children's Week Seeks to educate Florida's legislature on important issues facing children and families. Events, position papers, and advocacy toolkit.
- Children's Health Alliance of Wisconsin Building strong partnerships and coalitions to address emerging children's health issues throughout Wisconsin.
- Connecticut Association for Human Services Independent, nonprofit organization committed to decreasing poverty, neglect and inequality through public education, research, advocacy, and policy development.
- Advocates for Children and Youth An independent nonprofit promoting the interests of children in Maryland. History and purpose, supporting data, news, opportunities, and donations.
- Indiana Youth Institute Provides tools and information to youth organizations in Indiana. Data, publications, grant tips, and consulting services.
- Children at Risk Seeks to improve the lives of children in the greater Houston, Texas area through advocacy, policy analysis, and research. Issues, data, and publications.
- Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families Information on mission to protect and promote through research, education and advocacy the rights and well-being of Arkansas children and their families, to assure that they have the opportunity to lead healthy and productive lives.
- National Center for Youth Law Seeks to protect abused and neglected children, increase youths’ access to health care and other public benefits, and ensure the fair treatment of youth in the juvenile justice system. News, publications, and contact information.
- Youth Law Center Non-profit, public interest law office that investigates abuse in the child welfare and juvenile justice systems.
- UNICEF: Child Rights Publications and information on the work of the United Nations Children's Fund and its advocacy for children's rights, survival, development and protection through adoption of the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Annie E. Casey Foundation Private charitable organization dedicated to helping build better futures for disadvantaged children in the U.S. Initiatives are related to reducing teen pregnancy, improving foster care, education reform, alternatives to juvenile detention, neighborhood improvement, and increased public awareness of children's issues.
- Tennessee Commission on Children and Youth Independent agency created by the state legislature to advocate for children and support community efforts to improve the lives of children. Newsletter, data, and legislation.
- Children's Defense Fund Advocacy for American children, particularly poor and minority children and those with disabilities. Issues and programs include: Head Start, Healthy Start, Stand for Children, child care, health insurance, child safety, moral education.
- Kids First Fund Designed to serve children who are orphans, handicapped, sexually abused, physically abused and pregnant teenagers in developing countries and economies of our world.
- The Child Advocate Network Serves the needs of children, families and professionals while addressing medical, educational, psychiatric, legal and legislative issues.
- The Schott Foundation Develops and strengthens the movement for equity in education and child care. Funds initiatives aimed at improving public policy and educational and advocacy organizations.
- American Youth Policy Forum Nonpartisan professional development organization providing learning opportunities for policymakers working on youth issues at the local, state and national levels.
- National Association for Multicultural Education This site supports efforts in educational equity and social justice and provides resources for students and educators and valuable links to other sites.
- Campaign 2000 - End Child Poverty in Canada A cross-Canada public education movement to build public awareness and support for the 1989 all-party House of Commons resolution to end child poverty in Canada by the year 2000.
- Child Welfare League of America Children's advocacy organization active in lobbying and humanitarian projects in the US. History and current programs described; links to publications, childrearing resources, and sponsors.
- Children's Rights, Inc. Watchdog group dedicated to reforming government child welfare services across the US. Statistics, reports on pending legislation, policy and research position papers, cases, and news.
- Canadian Coalition for the Rights of Children The Coalition aims to ensure a collective voice for Canadian organizations and youth advocates of children's rights as described in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and the World Summit for Children Declaration.
- International Bureau of Children's Rights An international organization based in Canada that seeks to protect, defend and promote the rights and the welfare of all children. Supports the principles set forth in the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Child Labor Coalition Provides a forum and a unified voice on protecting working minors and ending child labor exploitation. Develops informational and educational outreach to the public and private sectors.
- Alliance for Children and Families An international membership association representing more than 350 private, nonprofit child- and family-serving organizations.
- National Network for Youth Dedicated to ensuring that young people can be safe and lead healthy and productive lives.
- On the Capitol Doorstep (OTCD) Provides information on California and federal legislation affecting young children with a focus on child care and development programs.
- The Children's Partnership National research, policy analysis, and advocacy organization focused on children and technology, children's health care, and building a broad constituency to support children's issues.
- National Center for Children in Poverty The Center, which is affiliated with Columbia University, produces reports, fact sheets, and press material that highlight strategies to end child poverty in the United States.
- Robert F. Kennedy Children's Action Corps, Inc. Provides care, counseling, treatment, education and rehabilitative services for at risk children in Massachusetts.
- European Network of Ombudsmen for Children Works to encourage the fullest possible implementation of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, and supports collective lobbying for children's rights.
- Proaction, Cops and Kids Provides funding support for community programs run by the Toronto Police Service Community Policing Unit on behalf of kids at risk.
- Islamic Family Social Services Association Serves the Edmonton community in Alberta, Canada, regardless of their religious denomination, while specializing in Muslim needs. Youth development programs, domestic violence counseling, and food and clothing assistance.
- Love Our Children USA Dedicated to fighting child abuse through advocacy, outreach, and education. Publications and resources for parents, kids and teens.
- Sunday Friends Since 1997, Sunday Friends has met each week empowering hundreds of homeless and very low income families as they have worked with thousands of volunteers to give back to the San Jose community. By engaging in every day activities, children and their parents learn social and economic skills that enrich their lives.
- National Family Preservation Network Resources to assist child welfare agency professionals in preserving families at risk of having children removed, reuniting removed children whenever possible, and encouraging fathers' involvement in their children's lives.
- Society for Advocacy of Women and Child Rights Advocacy organization based in India that focuses on ending child labor, promoting women's rights, and AIDS awareness.
- Sparrow Lake Alliance Focuses on advocacy and research to improve the health and well-being of children in Ontario, Canada. Events, task forces, and publications.
- Save Abandoned Babies Foundation Dedicated to publicizing an Illinois law designed to assist women who might otherwise abandon their babies in unsafe places. Offers adoption information, outreach materials, and a hotline.
- Center on the Family Based at the University of Hawaii at Manoa, the Center provides publications, data, and research on children and families in Hawaii.
- First Star A national non-profit organization dedicated to helping children in child protective services, criminal and family courts, and foster care systems across the United States.
- Black Administrators in Child Welfare, Inc. A non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of African American children in the nation’s child welfare system. Conferences, news, statistics, and training.
- Texas Alliance of Child and Family Services An association of private child and family welfare agencies in Texas. Advocacy, training, and publications.
- Santa Fe Boys Triannual Publication Presents a fact-based, objective picture of the health, educational and emotional status of boys today in Santa Fe, New Mexico and in the United States.
- Alliance for Childhood Promotes policies and practices that support children's healthy development, love of learning, and joy in living. Information about projects and how to help.
- Concerned Educators Allied for a Safe Environment Network of parents, teachers, and other concerned individuals, who are dedicated to creating a safe and healthy world for children.
- Family Connection Partnership Seeks to improve the health, economic well being, and educational outcomes of Georgia's children. Community assistance, state initiatives, and best practices.
- Every Child Matters Conducts polls, publishes reports, works with reporters and state children's groups, runs advertising, and conducts campaigns on behalf of children. Initiatives on child abuse prevention, health insurance, after school programs, and early childhood education.
- Oklahoma Institute for Child Advocacy Seeks legislative action, changes in public attitudes, and broad constituencies to improve the well being of children in Oklahoma. Legislative agenda, statistics, initiatives, and advocacy tools.
- The Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands Seeks to build a growing collection of permanent funds, the income from which will be used to enhance the educational, physical, social, cultural and environmental well-being of the islands' people.
- Hey U G L Y - Unique Gifted Lovable You A resource for tweens and teens, providing self-esteem and character development tools and programs. Includes a radio show, in-school presentations and Emotional Learning Activity Plans for schools and youth serving organizations.
- Children and Armed Conflict Unit Database containing up-to-date information on issues about children and armed conflict, including press releases and links to other relevant sites.
- Defence For Children International An independent non-governmental organization working to promote and protect the rights of the child.
- Love146.org Raises awareness and resources to combat child sex trafficking.
- National Coalition for Child Protection Reform Works to make the system better serve America's most vulnerable children by trying to change policies concerning child abuse, foster care and family preservation.
- New Jersey Office of the Child Advocate Identifies systemic problems that prevent government or community agencies from achieving positive outcomes for children. Projects, newsletter, hotline, and information on child abuse.
- ChildFund International Dedicated to providing long-term care to needy children worldwide by offering information on child sponsorship and poverty reduction, action alerts, and online donation options.
- The Southern Institute on Children and Families Seeks to improve health care, child care, and transportation services for children and families in the South.
- DC Action for Children An independent, non-profit, multi-issue advocacy organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for children living in the District of Columbia. Includes advocacy, resources, and project information.
- Children's Trust Massachusetts Organization which seeks to eliminate child abuse and strengthen families in Massachusetts through programs, publications, and other resources.
- Coalition for Homeless Youth Advocates on behalf of runaway, homeless and street youth in the state of New York.
- Children's Alliance of New Hampshire Advocacy organization that works to improve the health and well-being of children. Vision statement, board of directors, current issues, advocate's toolbox, online resources, and information on the New Hampshire Children's Advocacy Network.
- Texans Care For Children Devoted to improving the lives of children in Texas. Legislative policy, events, campaigns, and advocacy resources.
Community Tool Box
Offers practical guidelines to organizations focused on improving their communities. Topics include leadership, strategic planning, grant writing, and community assessment.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 19:29:14 CET (http://ctb.ku.edu/en)
National Association of Counsel for Children
Child advocacy and professional membership association representing children that are involved in the court system as victims of abuse and neglect or subjects of custody, visitation and adoption cases. Information about training and technical assistance, policy advocacy, and events.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 19:31:07 CET (http://www.naccchildlaw.org/?)
50 Ways to Save Our Children
Seeks to benefit children and their families by encouraging philanthropy and public service. Offers several specific activities individuals can do to improve the lives of children.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 19:32:04 CET (http://www.selfworthfoundation.org/)
Channel One Overview
A coalition of progressive and conservative groups opposing Channel One's presence in the schools, with extensive links to testimony, data, and activism.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 19:32:17 CET (http://commercialalert.org/?category_id=2&subcategory_id=32&article_id=120)
Campaign For Youth
Representing more than 1,000 community based and faith based organizations, this national initiative seeks to promote public policy solutions to the issues confronting young people between the ages of 16 and 24.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 19:32:25 CET (http://www.clasp.org/issues/youth/in-focus/our-youth-our-economy-our-future-a-road-map-for-investing-in-the-nations-talent-pipeline)