In law, fraud is intentional deception to cause a person to give up property or some lawful right. Fraud as more generally defined is deceit, trickery or cheating. This category is intended more for the legal description of fraud but may involve human rights or other issues which may or may not have any monetary or economic concerns.
Related categories 4
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners International 25,000-member professional organization dedicated to fighting fraud and white-collar crime.
- Financial Scandals Guide and links to information on major financial scandals, bank frauds, money laundering, corruption, scams, and organized crime.
- Quatloos Seeks to educate about various types of scams and frauds, how these deals really work, and how to manage the risks.
- Better Business Bureau Better Business Bureaus can alert you to complaints against companies in your area.
- Lies People Tell Real lies from real lives.
- Crimes of Persuasion Information on the workings and scope of telemarketing and investment fraud and consumer scams.
- Scams 101 Amusing site providing information on all types of scams.
- A Bell Tolls How to avoid pre-paid phone card scams. Learn the tricks, questions to ask, and what to do to avoid being the victim of a prepaid calling card scam.
- Scam Shield Interactive community dedicated to fighting consumer fraud. Features 'report a scam' section, fraud resources and email alert service.
- Marlock's Fraudtech Institute of Cons, Frauds and Other Lies Beating the con artists of our society at their own game isn't difficult once you know how the games are played. This public service site provides all who visit with the knowledge needed to survive in a world of deception.
- Fraud-Aid - First aid for fraud victims Free online fraud victim assistance and education.
- Cagey Consumer Provides information, news, alerts and resources to assist consumers in identifying scams and bad deals.
- Counterfeiting Article about the spread of counterfeit cash, and the art of J.S.G. Boggs.
- Scams Highlights of historical scams, frauds, bubbles, pyramids, cons and humbugs.
- American Alcohol Analyzers Fraud Reports on a fraudulent "company" that sells coin operated breathalyzer vending machines.
- American Petroleum Promotions Fraud Resources for independent sales representatives left out in the cold.
- Avoid Becoming a Victim of Credit Card Fraud Information for merchants who operate e-commerce sites on recognizing signs of fraud and what to do if you become a victim.
- Scamwatch Comprehensive site providing information on several types of scams, schemes and fraud. Site information is provided by various Australian consumer protection agencies but most of the information is universal.