This category is for sites on human rights and liberties.
- Affirmative Action
- Aiding Abusers
- Chemical Castration
- Civil Liberties
- Death Penalty
- Fathers' Rights
- Free Speech
- Freedom of the Press
- Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Rights
- Human Trafficking
- Parents' Rights
- Police Misconduct
- Political Prisoners
- Population Control
- Prenatal Rights
- Property Rights
- Refugee Rights
- War Crimes
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Office of the High Commissioner on Human Rights [UNHCHR] Oversees major programs in protecting human rights and implementing international rights agreements. Includes activities, publications and media centre.
- The Raoul Wallenberg Institute of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law An independent academic institution based in Lund, Sweden, which promotes human rights. Information about research and education, development cooperation projects and publications.
- 8th Day Center for Social Justice A multi-issue, social justice center supported and staffed by 30 congregations of nuns, priests and brothers which promotes analysis and action.
- The Center for Justice and Accountability Works to deter torture and other severe human rights abuses around the world by helping survivors hold their persecutors accountable.
- The Human Rights Web Human rights resources including links to relevant documents.
- Human Rights Internet Provides human rights publications, information on children's rights and the UN human rights system, and listing of human rights organizations worldwide.
- Concise Guide to Human Rights on the Internet Resource for finding information about human rights on the internet. Links to organizations worldwide addressing human rights issues.
- Human Rights Education Resource Centre Includes searchable databases, full-text education and training materials and interactive distance learning tools on human rights.
- World Audit of Democracy and Human Rights Focus is on democracy, human rights, press freedom, corruption and the rule of law. Daily news on democracy and human rights, links and e-commerce facilities for human rights publications.
- Human Rights Discussion List Active mail list and discussion on subject. Bilingual, English y Español.
- Humanlex Categorised links related to the field of international law and international human rights law. In English and French.
- United Nations Agreements on Human Rights Summary page with links to full document.
- International Network for Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights ESCR-Net brings together diverse groups and activists committed to human rights and social justice in order to share information and strategies, establish stronger links across border and disciplines, develop a collective voice, and facilitate collaborative work among members.
- Look Into My I :The Freedom Paintings Rebecca Barrington's plea for privacy in the public sector. Eight powerful freedom paintings from the LuLu Eccentrix Art Gallery depicting the loss of freedom.
- Access Human Rights A portal to human rights resources on the net, including news, government bodies, law, and treaties.
- Strategic Choices in the Design of Truth Commissions Site seeks to aid decision makers in societies interested in establishing a Truth Commission via analysis of the structure, design choices, and impacts of past Commissions.
- IntellectualLoafing.com Discusses value of human rights and whether or not governments have the moral right to violate them in defence of human lives.
- Human Rights Voice Non profit organization involved in the sphere of international human rights, global security, economic development, economic justice and international justice, business and economic rights, and conflict resolution.
- Bayefsky.com Encompasses the full range of data concerning the application of the UN human rights treaty system by its monitoring treaty bodies since their inauguration.
- Human Rights Information and Documentation Systems HURIDOCS is a global network of organisations concerned with human rights. Functions as a decentralised network in which organisations can handle and exchange information according to their own requirements.
- Derechos Cafe - A Human Rights Hangout News, articles, links and chat groups about human rights issues.
- Human Rights Reporting Information about an annual seminar at Columbia University surveying the cutting-edge issues in promoting human rights, with a focus on reporting techniques.
- Earth As It Is Features political, censorship and human rights news from around the world.
- The Business of Torture Article by Dr. Sam Vaknin describes some examples of the business of torture in various countries.
- Human and Constitutional Rights Includes constitutional rights charts, links to human rights and constitutional rights websites, news, and resources.
- Global Witness homepage Highlighting the links between environmental exploitation and human rights abuses, particularly where natural resources such as timber, diamonds and oil are used to fund conflict.
- ColorQ Human Rights Corner Features stories and links on worldwide human rights violations, particularly issues that receive little attention from the Western media.
- Anita Roddick The founder of the Body Shop reports and comments on activism, ethical business, human rights and environmentalism in a global perspective.
- Martus Project An open-source technology tool that assists nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) collect information on human rights abuses.
- The International Association for Religious Freedom Supports freedom of religion and belief as defined by international law. The IARF has general consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
- Falkvinge on Infopolicy A blog on civil liberties in the Internet age by Rick Falkvinge, a former Pirate Party MEP.
- Human Rights Watch - World Report 2002 Twelfth annual review of human rights practices and developments in sixty-six countries, covering the period from November 2000 through November 2001.
- U.S. Department of State - Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor: Human Rights Provides reports on country conditions, speeches and votes in the UN, and asylum profiles; accountability and reform efforts; partnerships with organizations, governments, and multilateral institutions committed to human rights.
- The United States and 'The Challenge of Relativity' Review by US political dissident Noam Chomsky of the United States' own appalling record on human rights - not in the distant past, but in the last 50 years and continuing right up to this day.
- Benjamin L. Hooks Institute for Social Change A research center dedicated to advancing the understanding and pursuing the goals of the American civil rights movement.
From About.com - Columns, link libraries, polls, and discussions about personal liberty issues.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 22:35:48 CET (https://www.thoughtco.com/civil-liberties-4132996)
University of Minnesota Human Rights Meta Search Engine
Meta search engine for searching multiple human rights sites. Library includes a large collection of international human rights, and links to other human rights and international law sites.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 22:36:07 CET (http://hrlibrary.umn.edu/lawform.html)
Human Rights Watch - World Report 2001
Human Rights Watch's eleventh annual review of human rights practices around the globe covers developments in 70 countries. The report reflects extensive investigative work.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 22:36:31 CET (http://pantheon.hrw.org/legacy/wr2k1/)
Human Rights Watch - World Report 2003
Thirteenth annual review of human rights practices around the globe. Identifies positive and negative trends within the sphere of human rights in fifty-eight countries, covering the period from November 2001 through November 2002.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 22:36:32 CET (http://pantheon.hrw.org/legacy/wr2k3/)