Social and political issues related to labor and work. Labor unions and sites relating directly to the labor movement should be listed under Society/Work/Labor_Movement/Unions or Regional/.../Society_and_Culture/Labor
Related categories 4
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Human Rights for Workers Explores the consequences of globalization for ordinary workers in both developed and developing countries, and analyzes initiatives seeking solutions.
- Just Labour Academic journal published by the Centre for Research on Work and Society at York University in Toronto.
- International Collective in Support of Fishworkers (ICSF) An international Non Governmental Organisation working for the interests of small-scale artisanal fishworkers, the collective carries out developmental interventions with fisher-communities around the world.
- National Jobs for All Coalition Building a new movement for full employment at livable wages.
- Job Training and Vocational Education Background information and links on U.S. job training and vocational education policy from the Almanac of Policy Issues.
- National Alliance for Fair Employment Homepage for a network of over 40 regional and national groups in the U.S. and Canada fighting for better pay, benefits and working conditions for all workers in temp, part-time, day labor, contract, on-call and independent contractor jobs.
- Exotic Dancers Alliance Advocacy group for female exotic dancers attempting to obtain adequate working conditions and civil rights within the sex industry.
- Lack of Security and the Unorganized Sector Examines the plight of unorganized workers in Asia who lack pensions or old age security.
- Unemployment Compensation An overview of the unemployment insurance program in the United States, including benefits paid and federal and state unemployment taxes.
- Labor Rights Now Works to expose labor rights violations around the world and aggressively campaign on behalf of worker activists who have endured the most brutal forms of trade union repression: imprisonment, torture, abduction, and murder.
- 6 Hour Day International movement for the six hour work day, three day weekend and six weeks paid vacation -- with no reduction in pay.
- Samson v. HUD - In Forma Pauperis Evidence in support of Alan Koseph Samson's contention that HUD wrongfully foreclosed on his home because of his efforts on behalf of workers at the Mariner's Cove Apartments 1983.
AP - The Big Story: Vanishing Jobs
Interactive report about the loss of middle-class jobs in the wake of the Great Recession, the role technology is playing, and possible future scenarios. Your browser does not support the iframe HTML tag. Try viewing this in a modern browser like Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer 9 or later.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 23:10:44 CET (http://apnews.com)