Issues raised by the problem of poverty, responses to poverty by society, examples, concerns and problems of poverty in the modern world.
Related categories 5
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP) A national non-profit organization which seeks to improve the economic security of low-income families with children and secure access for low-income persons to the civil justice system.
- Cornell University: Poverty, Inequality and Development Research papers and other materials on poverty from Cornell University faculty and graduate students.
- Public Private Ventures A national nonprofit devoted to youth development, mentoring, youth violence reduction, faith-based programs, national service and volunteering, and workforce development.
- Poverty and Race Research Action Council PRRAC fosters and supports collaborations among researchers and advocates effectively addressing problems faced by people living at the intersection of poverty and race.
- Children Helping Children Promotes the needs of the young in third world by raising money to educate and house them, plus give them a purpose in life.
- Fighting Poverty, One Business at a Time. The Trickle Up Program is an international non-profit organization dedicated to reducing poverty by providing low-income people around the world with the opportunity to create their own micro-enterprises.
- Poor Magazine An on-line news service dedicated to providing in-depth coverage of issues affecting low and no income communities nationally and internationally.
- Almanac of Policy Issues: Social Welfare Comprehensive links and background information on poverty, hunger, welfare, homelessness, housing, seniors issues, and other social welfare issues.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) Background information and links on the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), and other low-income energy issues. From the Almanac of Policy Issues.
- ActionAid International Large global anti-poverty agency, working with world's poorest people in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Based in South Africa.
- "Poverty" A Subject Measures controlling poverty linked to the suitability of the country, as reasons of poverty changes due to social conditions of the country.
- PovNet News Information about welfare and housing laws and resources in British Columbia, Canada. Provides links to other anti-poverty organizations and resources in Canada and internationally.
- Synergos An independent, nonprofit institute dedicated to developing effective, sustainable, and locally based solutions to global poverty, especially in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- Global Truth and Reconciliation 911 Aims to help the impoverished in the world by raising awareness among the more affluent, reducing demand for unnneeded goods, and rechanneling aid to help the poor help themselves.
- Poverty.com See a brief, simple display about world poverty. Animated maps show how often people die of hunger, AIDS, malaria, and preventable diseases.
- End Child Poverty Campaign to end child poverty by 2020. Facts about child poverty, information about the campaign and participating organizations.
- The Guardian - Poverty Matters Blog Group blog about the causes, associated issues and development efforts regarding poverty worldwide. In partnership with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- World Bank PovertyNet Information about poverty, its assessment, its impacts, and initiatives to reduce poverty internationally. Includes a special collection of the "literature of poverty."
Institute for Research on Poverty
Information about the institute, explanations of poverty measures, research, and links. One of two national poverty research centers designated by the US Department of Health and Human Services.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 23:34:03 CET (http://www.irp.wisc.edu/index.htm)
Synergos University for a Night 1999
Archived proceedings of the May 27, 1999 conference discussing plans to reduce global poverty. Lists sponsors, recommendations, excerpts from the plenary session, and possible future events.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 23:34:13 CET (http://www.synergos.org/universityforanight/99/contents.htm)
Center on Business and Poverty
An IRP initiative to support and disseminate research into ways in which businesses can help improve the long-term economic stability and well-being of their low-income employees.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 23:34:22 CET (https://progress-cobap.org/)
A British organisation whose aim is to generate the political will to end hunger and poverty by lobbying MPs, letter-writing and media work.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 23:34:23 CET (http://results.org.uk)