Human edited web directory based on the DMOZ data. To find out more about this project please use the top main menu.
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Monsanto Corporate information about Monsanto, a major producer of GM seeds, as well as educational material, news and a long list of links.
- Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy Mission is to create environmentally and economically sustainable rural communities through sound agriculture and trade policy. Includes ongoing campaigns to fight genetically engineered foods.
- AgBioWorld Sponsored by scientists in favor of crop biotechnology. Members include Nobel Prize winners Norman Bourlaug and James Watson.
- Genetically Modified Food - UK and World News Archive of news articles about GM foods, from 1998 to the present. Also includes editorials about the risks, lack of safety testing, and proponents of the products.
- SIRC A page on GM food at the website of the Social Issues Research Centre.
- Myths About GMO VegSource.com paper argues that biotech has no benefits for starving people in the developing world.
- Center for Food Safety An environmental and public health organization which has initiated landmark legal actions against the FDA and EPA to preserve the integrity of the food supply.
- Genetically Manipulated Food News Information on the spread of genetic modification in the food supply as well as the politics and legal issues. Searchable index by subject and date.
- Agent Orange Personal pages give an overview of the extent of genetic engineering in plants and animals as well what some of the hazards might be.
- Debunking Myths of Genetic Engineering in Crops Article attacking genetic engineering, with references, by E. Ann Clark.
- Terminator technology threatening African farmers' rights Article in Afrol News on the possible effects of the terminator gene on southern African agriculture.
- Engineering Crops in a Needy World Presentation of the genetically modified food debate in India.
- Alliance for Better Foods Encourages fact-based discussion about developments in plant biotechnology.
- Organic Seed Alliance Supports the ethical development and stewardship of the genetic resources of agricultural seed.
- Global Issues: Genetically Engineered Food Outlines scientific and consumer concerns about genetically engineered and modified foods. Safety, food patents, Monsanto's role and media coverage are addressed.
- Norfolk Genetic Information Network (NGIN) UK and international news; articles; quotations by scientists.
- Quotations by scientists on the safety of GM foods "There is an awful lot unknown about hazards of new [GM food] crops and until it is fully tested we should not be subjecting people to risks, least of all young children."
BBC Special report: Food under the microscope
Questions and answers, articles, and a debate between a biotech company and Greenpeace, plus links to pro and con sites.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 23:46:45 CET (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/special_report/1999/02/99/food_under_the_microscope/280396.stm)
Genetically Modified Foods and Organisms
Overview of genetically modified foods, crops, organisms. Pros and cons of genetic modification.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-14 23:46:46 CET (http://web.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/elsi/gmfood.shtml)