This category will provide information on sites covering various aspects of women and science/technology, including links to technical and professional organizations geared to women and support groups for women in the sciences and technology.
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Engineer Girl Site intended for girls that highlights opportunities in engineering careers in the United States. Includes links, profiles of women engineers, and interactive features.
- Mums in Science A portal for busy mothers who work or have worked in any aspect of science.
- Girls Go Tech Encourages girls to become interested in math, science, and technology. Also contains games, careers information, and other resources.
- Women in Technology International WITI - support and services for women in business and technology.
- Women and Girls Tech Up Encourages women and girls and the organizations which serve them to use technology to share ideas, opinions, support, creativity and political action.
- Women on Women A support group for women in science.
- GirlGeeks Career site for women in information technology, providing access to jobs, mentors, training and career development resources to help techy women get ahead.
- Pi Zine A paper zine published by women who stand outside the social norm. Includes issue excerpts and publication information.
- The Daphne Jackson Trust Enables scientists, engineers and IT specialists to return to work in the UK after a career break.
- Women and Science An EU initiative for research by, for, and about women. Part of the Socio-Economic Knowledge Base and Improving the Human Research Potential programs.
- The Gender Chip Project "The Gender Chip Project" documentary and companion materials designed to assist teachers, parents and mentors who are encouraging girls to the pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- WomenTechWorld - the Women's Technician Club Forum for women in technology and trade careers to network with other women technicians and/or employers – offering job listings, e-mentoring, biographies of women role models and an email discussion group.
- Women-Related Science/Technology Email Lists Frequently-updated, annotated listing of women-related e-mail lists that focus on science and/or technology.
- Women-Related Science/Technology Sites Extensive and frequently updated, Includes articles, sites, and projects concerned with information technology
- Women in Technology Project Vermont Technical College's project to encourage young women in middle school and high school to study math, science and technology. Lots of links.
- Institute for Women in Trades, Technology & Science Dedicated to integrating women into nontraditional careers by providing training/technical assistance to the education system and employers.
- Women @ NASA Profiles, events, archives.
4000 Years of Women in Science
Lists names from our scientific and technical past.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-15 23:43:13 CET (http://www.astr.ua.edu//4000WS/)
A project of the National Academy of Sciences intended for young people; aims to showcase the accomplishments of contemporary women in science.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-15 23:43:25 CET (https://www.nap.edu/)
The Athena SWAN Charter is a recognition scheme for UK universities and their science, engineering and technology (SET) departments. It aims to assist the recruitment, retention and progression of women in SET.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-15 23:43:27 CET (http://www.ecu.ac.uk/equality-charter-marks/athena-swan/)
Is the Glass Half Full?
Women in science. From Scientific American.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-15 23:43:42 CET (/article/is-the-glass-half-full-or/)