Sites about providing humanitarian medical relief.
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Center for International Cooperation in Health and Development (CCISD) Nonprofit which specializes in designing and managing international health projects. Information on areas of expertise, past projects, and method of work. In English, French, and Spanish.
- Health Partners International of Canada Distributes to developing countries medicines, medical supplies and vaccines donated by Canadian industry. In English and French.
- Medical Aid for Palestine, Canada Works to improve the health of Palestinians through humanitarian and development assistance, Site is in English and French.
- Operation Smile Not-for-profit, volunteer medical services organization that provides reconstructive facial surgery to indigent children and young adults in 16 developing countries and in the United States. Based in Norfolk, Virginia.
- The Fistula Foundation Offering treatment and prevention of obstetric fistula through support of the Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital in Ethiopia, as well as programs across the country. Includes details of the hospital, and information about the fundraising and educational work of the organization.
- Smile Train An international charity that provides cleft palate surgery to those in need, as well as providing training to doctors in the region. Includes news, photograph gallery and project details.
- Andean Health & Development Working to build self-sustaining primary health care systems in rural Ecuador. Information on goals, history, and how to get involved.
- Medical Aid for East Timor Project to send material aid and medical supplies to East Timor. It is looking for monetary donations to rebuild clinics and provide local training of the Timorese.
- Mercy Malaysia Volunteer relief organization providing medical and humanitarian services locally and abroad. Has information on activities, donation centres, news articles and newsletter subscription.
- A Leg To Stand On Helps children with disabilities in India by establishing orthopedic clinics, providing resources and training helping local doctors. Information on mission and recent work, with photos and online donations.
- India Renal Foundation Dedicated to the cause of kidney failure patients in India. Includes information on situation in the country, organization's programs, and how to donate.
- Sankara Eye Foundation US-based fundraising arm of Sankara Eye Society, working on prevention of blindness in India. Information on mission, past achievements, and how to donate.
- Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Medical Trust Health care for curable blindness in India and other developing nations.
- Health for Humanity A Western Canada based volunteer organization providing medical care and equipment for the poor of Guatemala. Information on past trips, planned programs, fundraising, and organization leadership.
- Doctors Worldwide UK-based charity working on emergency medical relief, extended medical relief and medical rehabilitation and medical education. Photos and information on projects, with how to donate or volunteer.
- Dentaid Supplies equipment, training, and oral health services to hospitals, clinics, and dentists in the developing world.
- The Work Of World Medical Fund Key elements in Africa include medical care to children in the villages of Malawi, caring for the war orphans of the DRC, providing ARVs for children with AIDS and delivering a program targeting a reduction in the incidence of transmission of the HIV virus from mother to child.
- The HealthCare Chaplaincy A multi-faith community of professionals dedicated to caring for persons in spirit, mind, and body. Committed to excellence and leadership in pastoral care, education, and research.
- Medecins Sans Frontieres An international medical and humanitarian aid organization. News, links to country sites, feature articles. (Also known as Doctors without Borders.)
- Lalmba Nonprofit organization active in several countries in Africa teaching individuals to care for their own health needs and providing primary medical care.
- Medicus Mundi International An international organisation related to the World Health Organisation dealing with health care development. It actively supports the concept of primary and community-based health care.
- Refugee Relief International The only medical relief organization providing aid in war zones that other relief agencies won't go to.
- Partners in Health Works to improve the health of poor communities in conjunction with other organizations. Has projects involving drugs for Tuberculosis and HIV. Partner projects are in Haiti, Peru, Mexico, Honduras, and Boston.
- Direct Relief US-based. Sends shipments of medical equipment and supplies worldwide to help the victims of civil unrest, natural disasters and chronic poverty.
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance A development organisation which works in developing countries to support their response to AIDS.
- MediSend International Collects surplus medical supplies and equipment in developed nations to be distributed to institutions in developing countries.
- The Shanthimalai Research and Development Trust A German organisation offering support, mainly medical and educational, of poor people in the Tiruvannamalai area of South India.
- MAP International Mission is to provide essential medicines, prevent and eradicate disease, and promote community health development. Includes program details and donation information.
- DOCARE International, NFP Medical outreach for indigent and isolated people in remote areas around the world. Membership is comprised of professionals from a wide range of backgrounds, disciplines, and locations.
- Flying Doctors California-based volunteer medical professionals and volunteers provide free health care to Mexico and Central American. Trip reports and volunteer opportunities.
- Dental Health International Nederland Provides oral health for deprived communities with a primary focus on prevention and education.
- Canvasback Missions, Inc Arranges housing, transportation, supplies and major equipment for medical and dental volunteers serving the Pacific Islands.
- Foundation for International Medical Relief of Children Raises operating and construction funds for pediatric hospitals and clinics.
- Global Medical Relief Fund Facciliates travel, room and board for children and their guardian to the United States for medical and surgical care.
- Dental Project Peru Emergency dental care and education to the most impoverished and rural areas of Peru. Opportunities for volunteers and donations.
- Medical Mission Services Foundation Donates medical services and supplies to qualified organizations in developing countries.
- PAGASA Medical Mission of Madison, WI Sends annual missions and supports two permanent medical missions to the Philippines. Volunteers from the US local communities work together to provide free medical care.
- World Health Ambassador Program International medical relief team which provides medical and dental services to needy people.
- GMin - Global Minimum A NGO providing long lasting insecticided bed nets to the people of Sierra Leone, Africa.
- Maggie’s Dreamcatcher Dharamsala Hospital Project Inc is a charity formed to assist with the building and funding of a hospital in Dharamsala.
- Aids Free Africa Community of professionals working to help Africans become self-sufficient in producing pharmaceuticals.
- Paul O'Gorman Lifeline Arranges treatment for children with life-threatening illnesses, from East Europe and Central Asia.
- Promise of Health Homeopathic primary health care to poor families in Mexico’s Yucatán. Information in English and Spanish.
- Uplifting Athletes, Inc. College football players working together to raise awareness and funding for rare diseases.
- World Dental Relief Nonprofit relief organization with a state and federally licensed warehouse to receive and distribute dental supplies and equipment to dental healthcare projects around the world.
- Remote Area Medical Volunteers Canada Volunteers provide free medical, dental and optometric services to remote areas, primarily Guyana and Nepal.
- Nevis Eye Care Program Surgical and medical eye care on the Island of Nevis. Volunteer doctors and local nurses work together with the help of donations and support from the local government.
- Smiles Change Lives Non-profit organization providing medically-necessary, orthodontic treatment for children from low-income families.
- UCLA Operation Mend UCLA Operation Mend offers charitable medical services to wounded soldiers.
- Seva Canada International non-governmental organization whose mission is the elimination of preventable and treatable blindness.
- Plasticos Foundation Volunteer organization of reconstructive surgeons providing plastic surgery for children.
- West Africa Medicine and Education Support rural health clinics with infrastructural development, equipment and supplies. Direct medical help for individuals in The Gambia.
- EarthMed Medical care in developing countries with the support of medical volunteers.
- MedShare Medical Relief Delivers surplus of medical supplies and equipment to hospitals in more than 70 nations.
- John Dau Foundation Building and sustaining medical clinics and training community health workers in South Sudan.
- Palmetto Medical Initiative Provides sustainable health-care to those in need while increasing accessibility to global medical missions.
- Medical Missionaries A nonsectarian volunteer group of more than 200 doctors, nurses and others who work to improve the health of the poorest of the poor throughout the world.
- Himalayan Family Healthcare Project Provides health care in the Manang District of northern Nepal.
- Fledglings Assist parents and caretakers of disabled children, or those with additional needs, with practical, affordable products to address every day issues.
- Operation Eyesight Universal Focuses on eye health in the developing world. Volunteer opportunities, Matching grant challenge for clubs and groups.
- HealthRight International Global health and human rights organization working to build lasting access to health for excluded communities.
- Bansang Hospital Appeal Charity Delivers medical and financial aid to needy people in a third world hospital in Gambia, West Africa.
- Project Vietnam Foundation American Academy of Pediatrics California Chapter 4 provides health-care assistance, focusing on needy rural areas and children at risk. Includes trip application, reports from previous missions, and newsletter.
Nonprofit organization which carries out medically based technical projects in Romanian hospitals aiming to bring hospitals' facilities up to a western level. Site contains project information.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-16 00:49:17 CET (http://www.urgenta.nl/)
The Fred Hollows Foundation
Undertaking community-based work with blindness prevention organisations in Asia, Africa and the Pacific. Includes foundation history, details of projects, information on donating and volunteering, and list of regional contacts.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-16 00:49:32 CET (http://www.hollows.org/au/home)
Operation Rainbow Canada
Registered Canadian non-profit organization which oversees volunteer surgical teams providing free reconstructive surgery to children in under-served countries with cleft lip and palate, and burn scars.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-16 00:49:34 CET (https://operationrainbowcanada.ca/)
Flying Doctors of America
US based group supplying physicians, dentists, nurses, chiropractors, and non-medical support volunteers to care for people worldwide who otherwise would never receive professional medical care.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-16 00:50:38 CET (http://www.fdoamerica.org/index.html)
Give the Gift of Sight
A Luxottica Group Foundation providing free eye care and glasses to people in need in US communities and around the world.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-16 00:50:40 CET (http://www.givethegiftofsight.org/)