Food has been a topic of philosophy since before Plato. However, philosophical studies of food specifically were very rare before the late 20th century.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Slow Food International movement opposing fast food and promoting dining as a source of pleasure. Newsletter, events, and membership information.
- Gastronomica A quarterly journal for the scholarly study of food and food issues.
- Myodicy: A Christian Philosophy of Food Selection An academic paper on a Christian approach to which foods to eat, in pdf format.
- Eating the World: Food Without Frontiers Article by Roger Scruton examining the relation of modernity to the culture of food.
- The Jean-Paul Sartre Cookbook Humorous sketch imagining a young Sartre obsessed with food.
- The Physiology of Taste An etext of this classic eclectic work of culinary commentary, as rendered into English by Fayette Robinson. Available in HTML sections or as a ZIP file.