Human edited web directory based on the DMOZ data. To find out more about this project please use the top main menu.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Virtual Reality:Consciousness Really Explained A scientific hypothesis for the origin of mind based in evolutionary biology. Includes downloadable manuscript and a few graphics.
- International Society for History, Philosophy, and Social Studies of Biology ISHPSSB brings together scholars from diverse disciplines, including the life sciences, and the history, philosophy, and social studies of science.
- Teleological Notions in Biology Entry from the Stanford Encyclopedia, by Colin Allen.
- Philosophy of Biology Web Pages Maintained by Michael R. Dietrich, of the Department of Biological Sciences, Dartmouth College; includes links to web sites and online articles dealing with the philosophy of biology and related subjects.
- Species Entry from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy by Marc Ereshefsky.
- The Biological Notion of Self and Non-self Stanford Encyclopedia entry on the notion of the immune self; by Alfred Tauber.
- Definition of Life Reviews and analyzes various attempts to define life in terms of negentropy and complexity theory.
- Biological Altruism Discussion of how altruistic behavior by organisms fits with the theory of evolution; from the Stanford Encyclopedia by Samir Okasha.
- Biodiversity Discussion of philosophical issues related to biological diversity; from the Stanford Encyclopedia by Daniel P. Faith.
- If Horses Had Hands A philosophy paper by Tom Tyler examining the arguments on the concept of anthropomorphism.
- A Palindrome: Conscious Living Creatures as Instruments of Nature; The Latter as an Instrument of the Former. A palindromic relationship is reported between astrophysical-biological evolution and mind-possessing living creatures in it. Essay by Mario Crocco.
- Theoretical Biology and Philosophy of Biology A list of persons, institutes, research groups and journals within theoretical biology, philosophy and history of biology, and related areas of research.
- Cognition and Biological Evolution Idealist philosophy resolves a fundamental paradox in the materialist account of evolution. Essay by Axel Randrup.
- Biology and Philosophy Permits access to the table of contents for each of the archived issues of this journal. Also includes information for authors.