The phenomenon of increasing political and economic interdependence among the countries and regions of the world. The term has come to be used to describe an international perspective encouraging free(r) trade, and the deregulation of markets. Associated with Globalization are the growing reliance on an international labor force, the outsourcing of jobs and tasks from North America and Europe, international trade agreements, and the resulting effects on income inequality and the standard of living. Anti-globalization activists argue that this form of globalization accentuates the gap between rich and poor and punishes developing countries in particular. Proponents argue that free trade and deregulation will result in an increased standard of living by stimulating the economy in developing countries.
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation - APEC
- Central American Free Trade Agreement - CAFTA
- Free Trade Area of the Americas - FTAA
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Center for Research on Globalization An independent research and media group of progressive writers, scholars and activists committed to curbing the tide of "globalisation" and "disarming" the new world order. Bilingual, English and French.
- World Economic Forum The Davos meeting of political and business leaders aims to create the foremost global partnership of business, political, intellectual and other leaders of civil society to define and discuss the key issues on the global agenda.
- Corporate Watch An organization that counters corporate-led globalization through education, network-building and activism. Works to foster democratic control over corporations by building movement for human rights and dignity, labor rights and environmental justice. Articles, campaigns, links, news, and contact information.
- Canadian International Development Agency News, background and resources about global issues and sustainable economic development, from the Government of Canada's lead agency for development assistance.
- From the Wilderness: Oil, Politics and War Provides a foundation for understanding oil's role in the global economy.
- The Globalist The daily online magazine on the global economy, politics and culture.
- International Forum on Globalization Alliance formed to stimulate new thinking, joint activity, and public education in response to economic globalization and its impact. Events, programs, news and analysis from an anti-globalization perspective.
- Global Policy Forum News, information, analysis and resources from an organization that monitors UN policy making on the matter and promotes accountability of global decisions.
- Wikipedia - Globalization Crowd-sourced encyclopedia article on globalization and its various aspects.
- Wikipedia - Anti-Globalization Movement Crowd-sourced encyclopedia article on the movement opposing globalization.
- Friends of the Earth: MAI Commentary, analysis and links to websites about the Multilateral Agreement on Investment.
- Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation From the University of Warwick, UK. Research concentrates on questions such as social policy issues, international financial crises, multijurisdictional tax competition, development of global and regional governance and other civil society activities regarding the topics.
- Globalization: Index A peer-reviewed journal devoted to the examination of social, political, economic, and technological aspects of the topic, by The International Consortium for Alternative Academic Publication (ICAAP).
- A Fair Globalization: Creating Opportunities for All Analyzes impacts of the globalized world with the focus on people. Report by The World Commission on the Social Dimension of Globalization, International Labour Organization, 2004.
- Yale Center for the Study of Globalization The Center supports teaching and research on globalization, helps to enrich debate on the subject through workshops, conferences, and lectures, and responds quickly to important events by organizing timely public programs that bring together individuals from the University community with individuals active in the policy arena. From Yale University.
- Global Envision A web initiative of Mercy Corps with news and information on globalization, world business, poverty, global growth, and world trade. It aims to take the global free market system as a starting point for reducing world poverty.
- LifeWeb: The Biology of Globalization Opinion article by Elisabet Sahtouris, it points out the threats of the economy of globalization against the basic principles by which healthy living systems are organized, 1998.
- Transnational Communities Programme A research programme with the goal of looking into the human dimensions of globalization and aspects of emerging transnationalism. Commissioned by the United Kingdom Economic and Social Research Council, based in the University of Oxford - Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology.
- The Globalization Website Resources on various issues related to the issue from Emory University.
- Institute on Globalization and the Human Condition An intellectual center of McMaster University in Canada, bringing together faculty, students and members of the broader community for discussion, debate and analysis of globalization and its effects.
- Globalization101 A project of Neil D. Levin Graduate Institute of International Relations and Commerce, promotes a greater understanding of the challenges and dilemmas of globalization.
- Global Issues Gateway An educational website created by Fairleigh Dickinson University, New Jersey, USA, for those investigating issues arising from the rapid exchange of goods and ideas across increasingly porous geographic and cultural borders.
- World Exploitation Provides topical related news and archive from a variety of sources on the Internet. Searchable news in 20 languages.
- Global Balance Provides an environment of information exchange, integration and support to assist NGOs and their projects to reach the UN Millennium Development Goals.
- Global Education Network An European network for learning in the field of global development issues and cooperation policy. Core activities are related to development of countries in Africa, Asia or South East Europe.
- Institute for International Economics - Globalization Collection of papers on this topic by members the organization.
- Globalization's Stir-Fry An article about how the new global economy changes long-accepted notions and arguments about American business. Authored by Harold Meyerson, Jun 2007.
- Free Trade and Globalization Looks at the reality of free trade and the impacts it has on everyone.
- The Guardian - Globalisation News, comment and analysis with links to related news coverage and web resources.
Ethical Globalization Initiative
Brings key stakeholders together in new alliances to integrate concepts of human rights, gender sensitivity and enhanced accountability into efforts to address global challenges and governance shortcomings.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-16 03:58:31 CET (http://www.mrfcj.org/)
Global Marshall Plan
An initiative for the implementation of a global eco-social development plan as a basis for a worldwide ecological and social market economy.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-16 03:58:34 CET (http://www.globalmarshallplan.org/)
HBS Working Knowledge: Globalization
Links to articles and comments related to the topic.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-07-16 03:58:56 CET (http://hbswk.hbs.edu/Pages/browse.aspx?HBSTopic=Globalization)