Sikhism is an ethical monotheism fusing elements of Hinduism and Islam. It was founded by Guru Nanak (1469-1539), a mystic who believed that God transcends religious distinctions. Sikhism stresses the unity, truth, and creativity of a personal God and urges union with him through meditation and surrender to his will. It rejects the Hindu caste system, priesthood, image worship, asceticism, and pilgrimage, although it retains the Hindu doctrines of transmigration and karma. The ultimate spiritual authority is the Adi Granth, a collection of hymns and devotional poetry. The Golden Temple in Amritsar is the religious center.
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Sikhnet Cybercommunity offers gurbani audio clips, live events, news, chat, job advertisements, online shopping, and photographs.
- Sikhs.org Sandeep Singh Brar's view on the philosophy, development and way of life of Sikhism. Also included is information on scriptures, audio prayers, glossary of terms, and alphabets.
- Sikhism - Thy Name is Love and Sacrifice Contains quotations, divine wisdom, selective life samples from gurus, video and audio.
- Fort: Panth Khalsa Information about famous Sikhs, the Sikh Code of conduct, and articles relating to the Panth.
- Sikhworld.co.uk Information on Sikhism, Sikh Gurus, symbols, history, and ceremonies.
- GuruGobindSingh.net With different channels gives facility to interact with community through forums, articles, and news.
- Sikhpoint A sikh community portal with resources like matrimonials, egreetings, jobs, daily hukamnama, radio and other related services.
- Khalsa Camp Learn about the camp organized in UK for furthering the knowledge of Gurbani.
- Memories of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Some information about Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.
- Sikh Zone Provides information on Sikhism, its principles, Sikh Gurus, Gurdwaras and other articles.
- 300 Saal Guru De Naal Gur-Ta-Gaddi Tercentenary Features greeting cards, videos, articles on Sri Guru Granth Sahib.