Spiritualism in its modern incarnation started in the mid nineteenth century in the USA and essentially grew out of Christianity. It is still perceived as largely Christian in its broadest sense (although no-one, least of all Spiritualists, would begin to claim that its beliefs were orthodox), but there are people from other traditions who happily take the title "Spiritualist" whose background is anything but Christian. It involves contact with the spirits of the dead, through a medium.
Related categories 2
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Guiding Light Offers articles about different aspects of mediumship, the spirit world and psychic gifts. Provides a profile about the British author, an automated tarot reading and a psychic test.
- Spiritual Platform Offers a series of articles on subjects including aromatherapy, dreams, psychic animals, the aura and the chakras. Includes poetry.
- Madison Spiritualist Camp In New Jersey with church services, classes for spiritual enlightenment, healing and readings.
- Spiritualist Church and medium directory.
- Spiritualist Resources Includes articles, events, discussions, a directory of mediums, healers and churches.
- Physical Mediumship International Educational articles about the different types of mediumship. Includes a number of pages devoted to the phenomena at Scole including apports, the films of images and the Alice project. Also includes advice on how to sit for phenomena, a guestbook and recommended reading.
Central Maine. Founded in 1877, it is the home of the Etna Spiritualist Association. Each summer season features church services, classes, workshops, Medium's Days and a Healing Arts Festival.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-09-10 18:46:03 CET ()