"Yoga" means Union, Union with Power of Divine Love. Yoga is one of the six classic systems of Hindu philosophy and holds that through the practice of certain disciplines you may achieve liberation from the limitations of flesh, the delusions of sense, and the pitfalls of thought, thus attaining union with the object of knowledge. It is knowledge that is the goal of all Yoga practices. In fact, Yoga doctrine insists that physical and mental training is to be used only as a means to spiritual ends.
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Yoga Movement An exploration of yoga and related subjects such as breathing and meditation.
- Santosha Includes information on Yoga philosophy, and the practice and benefits of postures, meditation and breathing.
- A World of Yoga Site by Ramakrishna Ananda (Graham Ledgerwood) provides overviews to many aspects of Yoga and its practice.
- Wellness for Body and Soul Extensive reference site focuses on yoga philosophy (primarily Kriya), masters and practices. Also offers free yoga software, teacher directory, links to a wide range of resources, books and videos for sale.
- Yogabasics.com Introduction to Yoga history and practice (asanas and pranayama), downloadable music, teacher finder, products for sale. [May not work in some browsers]
- Yoga Supersite on Holisticonline.com Yoga reference covers branches and philosophy, health benefits, practices, beginner's guide.
- The Yoga Vasistha Excerpts from Swami Venkatesananda's translation of Vasistha's Yoga.
- Yoga Forums Forum for discussion about Yoga.
- Anusara Yoga A system based on Hatha Yoga founded by John Friend. Information on the Yoga, its philosophy, teachers, and centers.
- Yoga Age Articles on Yoga and translations of Yoga sutras. Includes writings on Asanas, Kriyas and Pranayama.
- Yoga Online Offers information on the practice of yoga. Includes free yoga video downloads and uses flash animation to show yoga moves.
- Time: The Power Of Yoga An article from Time magazine about Yoga in general.
- Laya Yoga Laya Yoga is a practical art of meditation and contemplation based on the ancient knowledge relating to chakras (energy centres). Information on the concepts and practice.
- Ananda's Site Thoughts on various aspects and branches of yoga, brief biographies of several spiritual leaders.
- Introduction to Yoga Brief articles on Yoga, its definition and nature, school of thoughts, scientific method, and practice.
- Evolution of the Divine Living An e-book based on the works of Sri Aurobindo, Mirra Alfassa and Ilse Middendorf.
- Orlov Yoga English translations of lectures by Vladimir Ivanovich Orlov on Yoga and religious mysticism.
- Satyananda Yoga A system of yoga developed by Swami Satyananda Saraswati and his lineage, which incorporates practices derived from ancient and traditional sources.
- Eight Lectures on Yoga by Aleister Crowley Transcripts of eight one-hour lectures on the subject of Yoga, including theories, practices, and his experiences. Consists of two sections: Yoga for Yahoos and Yoga for Yellowbellies.
- Allexperts Yoga Q&A People with varying amounts of yoga experience offer to answer questions about yoga.
- Advanced Yoga Practices Lessons in the different aspects of Yoga.
- Sahaja Yoga Meditation Offers meditation resources including articles, video, music and an online course.
- American Yoga Association Not-for-profit educational organization. Information on the philosophy and techniques of yoga, classes, books and tapes for sale.
Yoga Vidya Dham: Nasik, India
A non profit organization imparting Yoga education to all sections of the society. Articles on Yoga and schedule of courses conducted.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-09-10 19:44:58 CET (http://www.yogapoint.com)