Zoroastrianism is the ancient religion of Persia. It was founded about 3500 years ago by the prophet Zarathushtra. Arising out of the polytheistic traditions of ancient India and Iran, he was one of the first monotheists in human history. Zarathushtra preached that there was one God, whom he called Ahura Mazda. Ahura means "Lord," and Mazda means "Wise," so Zoroastrians call God the "Wise Lord." Zarathushtra has been known in the West as Zoroaster, from the Greek transliteration of his name; in Persia and India he is known as Zarthosht.
Related categories 3
Loading new listings for you to review...
- Zoroastrians of Shiraz Zoroastrian religion, history, and culture. Information on Zoroastrians in Shiraz, Persepolis, Iran.
- Zoroastrian Priestly Services A fully ordained Zoroastrian Priest performs religious services for everyone around the world.
- Zoroastrian Association of Metropolitan Chicago Details the Zoroastrian Association of Metropolitan Chicago, and gives some general info on Zoroastrianism
- Good Thoughts - The Zarathushtrian Assembly A religious corporation established with the aim of studying and disseminating information on the Divine Message of Zarathushtra and promoting the Zarathushtrian Fellowship.
- Zarathushtra Dedicated to the Spiritual Philosophy of Zarathushtra and Zoroastrianism. Includes a Zoroastrian Cyber-Temple, articles and discussion groups.
- Traditional Zoroastrianism The tenets of the religion, religious articles and stories.
- A Brief Overview of Zoroastrianism Zoroastrianism is the ancient religion of Persia, founded about 3500 years ago by the prophet Zarathushtra. This article provides a brief overview of its principle tenets.
- The World Zoroastrian Organisation Activities of the World body, WZO, and information about the ancient religion of Zarathusthra.
- Famous Zoroastrians List of famous Zoroastrians, including government leaders, musicians, writers, etc.
- Zoroastrian Science Fiction List of references to Zoroastrianism and Parsis in mainstream science fiction novels.
- Zoroastrianism and Mazdakism -- Delphi Forum A forum for ongoing discussions about Zoroastrianism and Mazdakism.
- Federation of Zoroastrian Associations of North America - FEZANA A not-for-profit coordinating organization for Zoroastrian Associations in North America. Religious materials, scholarship information, and an online journal.
- Ahura Mazda Encyclopedia Mythica Article discussing Ahura Mazdah ("Lord Wisdom") who is the supreme god of the Zoroastrian religion.
- Zoroastrian Holy Books Provides links to online translations of several Zoroastrian holy texts.
- PersianDNA A non-profit and non-political online community that provides information on the Zoroastrian religion and Persian history, art and culture. Offers a newsletter and web design services.
- Zoroastrians.info A portal for Zoroastrians, including discussion forum, newsletter, and directory of people, news, and businesses.
- Zoroastrian Association of Western Australia Inc. A non-profit organisation committed to the maintenance of the Zoroastrian religion in Western Australia.
- Zoroastrian Religion A personal page with Zoroastrian information and references on the Zoroastrian Calendar, Prayers, and Fire-temples.
- Zoroastrian Trust Funds of Europe Local Anjuman of the United Kingdom and the Federation of Aunjumans in Europe for Parsi and Irani Zarthusti members. Site provides event calendar, library and facility hours and information, and news releases.
- Avesta -- Zoroastrian Archives The complete text of the extant Avesta, the most ancient scriptures of Zoroastrianism, as well as many Pahlavi scriptures. Information about the Avestan language, and substantial resources for students of Zoroastrian religion.
- Parsiana Monthly magazine for the international Zoroastrian and Parsi community.
- Zoroastrian Society of Ontario The society explains its history, aims and activities. Includes a list of the committee, newsletter and event listing.
- Basic Zoroastrianism and the Teachings of Zarathustra A description of various Zoroastrian beliefs, as well as links to holy books online and a history of Zarathustra.
- Who Are The Zoroastrians? A personal essay describing basic concepts of this Persian religion and the possible connection between it and Germanic mythology.
- Evolution of Zoroastrianism Details nine different sects of Zoroastrianism, some still alive and some inactive for years.
- Ancient Iranian Cultural and Religious Research and Development Center Information on Zarathustra, his teachings, and ancient Iranian culture.
Basic information with forums and links.
HTTP 301 detected on 2017-09-10 20:52:14 CET (http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/zoroastrianism)