Information by and for intersexed folks: people who were born with anatomy that differs from cultural ideas of what "male" and "female" are supposed to be, whether they have ambiguous genitalia, XXY chromosomes, or something else entirely.
Related categories 1
Loading new listings for you to review...
- UK Turner Society Contains support, information on hormone replacement therapy for folks with Turner's, health issues for folks with TS, and personal stories.
- Genetic Org Klinfelter's support site. Designed to provide support and education for families and professionals dealing with these genetic conditions, including sex chromosome variations 47XXY, 48XXYY, 48XXXY, 49XXXXY, and 46XY/47XXY mosaic.
- Transcending Boundaries Conference Conference for bisexual/pansexual, trans/genderqueer, and intersex people and our allies. Includes information on registration, housing, travel and workshops.
- GIRES: The Gender Identity Research & Education Society Registered UK charity that sponsors research and education on gender identity.
- Hypospadias Why it happens, what it is, what to do; see photos of hypospadias and contact others with it. Discusses androgen insensitivity, testicular feminization syndrome, development, and even ISNA.
- Guide to Medical Intersexuality Vocabulary Includes such bitterly funny entries as "Ambiguous Genitalia: Genitalia that refuse to declare their sex to doctors--no doubt on the principle that under interrogation by the enemy you should give only name, rank, and serial number."
- Genetic Alliance Group UK-based organisation that aims to increase the public/government profile of genetic conditions. The AIS Support Group (UK) is affiliated to GIG.
- Sex Police The biology of sex is being hotly debated, as parents, doctors and researchers reevaluate what it means to be male and female. This is an article about 'gender reinforcement' surgery by a subscriber to the US branch of the AIS Support Group.
- The Sex That Dare Not Speak Its Name A long article by Emily Nussbaum in the current issue of Lingua Franca details the rise of the increasingly successful intersex social justice movement, its alliances with humanists and social scientists in the academy, and growing pockets of change within the medical community.
- Inside Intersexuality Information and support for intersexuals and parents of intersexuals. Articles on genital surgery, gender orientation, sexual identity, and message board.